Time taken for MRI results

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi all

I am having severe headaches at the back of head that feels like pressure and a burning sensation, I also feel sick and dizzy all the time and have pins and needles and numbness in my left arm all the time, I am currently on topamax but also ended up in a and e twice last week where they have put me on morphine for the pain

I had a MRI scan done recently as an outpatient, canninask you all how long did it take for you to get your results of MRI scan?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Are you in the US?? All my Mri results were within a few days when i lived in the US
    • Posted

Hmmm i have no idea. I will pray its fast..and you are well soon. I live in Israel now..7 yrs post op and problems again..welcome to the world of chiari.. trying to be positive..but i am scared. The best drs in the world are here..but i miss my neurosurgeon from the US. ..may we all be well and healthy quickly
  • Posted

I'm in UK and was told 2-3 weeks for doctors to get report. Then depends on how quickly they contact you or see you again.
  • Posted

In UK it is normally 2-3 weeks, HOWEVER it does depend on your Dr/GP/ Neurologist. In my case I had a bad neurologist and it took 7 months to get results!!! Once referred to an NEUROSURGEON I was seen and opperated on within weeks. I knew  nothing about CM then.So if you've not heard within a 2-3 weeks get on to your medic and push your case.
  • Posted

Hi there, I am in UK, my neurologist contact my gp and letting me know the result  in a mtter of 3 days - and my neurologist suggested me to have operation,as I was scare I ignored his advice only I realised after 3months of diagnosed I could not put up any longer with all the symptoms of CM and I agreed to have oepration, but I checked with Ann Conroy and have 2nd & 3rd opinion and get the neurosurgeon who has done lots of decompression procedures.

So, be positive and take it easy in opinion as the best advice, drinking pllenty of water and gentle neck movement each morning is helping me a bit, when I feel pain/dizzy I will then have a bed rest...do not force yourself to do lots of things for your family let them start to take care of you...GOOD LUCK

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.