Time to go to Hospital?

Posted , 2 users are following.

I am a 29 yo male.

Have an appointment in 1.5 months about some other stuff but will also be bringing this up again- should I be getting looked at sooner?

No other health issues, no medications. Healthy weight, non-smoker. Lightly active.

I have had these palpitations for 12-13 years now and was given the all clear after a full battery of testing back then. However in the last 8-10 months there frequency has increased significantly from 1-2 a month to 1-20/day - went to doc again and after basic consult and 2 week holter monitor I was diagnosed as having infrequent isolated PACs with 1 PAC couplet over that 2 week span - no other abnormal rythyms.

I have come to terms with them and am not freaking out over them anymore - in a good mental state which has brought their frequency back down again somewhat to 10-30 per week. Basically this is to say I am not freaking out over them anymore but if I need to get checked out sooner I need to get checked out.

My new dilemna is that they are coming on in a new pattern 4-5 in a 20-30 second span. Then stopping again sometimes for days. They are also now occurring with some regularity  after exertion while catching my breath which only happened 2-3 times in the previous 12 years I have had these. Is this an alarming change?

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

I thought I had replied but mustn’t have hit button . I think if you feel ill go to emergency , and the fact you are getting them during exercise . Another contributor suggested to look up York Cardiology in uk they have a series of YouTube videos very helpful and one covers when to be worried . I just looked at a few of them and the cardiologist is really helpful and explains things really well . Google it 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.