Time to Stop Drinking

Posted , 11 users are following.

Hi, I have been a heavy drinker now for 2.5 years and on average I have been consuming 2 bottles of wine a night. Doctors have confirmed that my liver is a great risk if I don’t stop soon. Normal liver level readings are around 38 and as of 5 weeks ago mine were sitting at 144. I have been trying my hardest to cut down but tapering off hasn’t worked for me. A couple of weeks ago I self referred myself to a group called CGL and I have my first appointment today. The locum I saw at my doctors surgery has suggested that I may need a medicated detox. Feeling a little scared about this to be honest and really don’t know what to expect! Has anybody here been through a medicated detox either at home or in hospital? 

1 like, 16 replies

16 Replies

Prev

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.