Timing of pain question

Posted , 5 users are following.

How long does it take for pain to start after you typically eat? I was wondering how quickly others experience the pain.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

mine usually starts 20-30 minutes after eating. sometimes I can feel it coming before I'm even done eating.

• Posted

Hi. I've had pain for almost 18 months now. I have sludge and constant medium level pain. Only subsides when I eat. It used to start around 15 to 20 minutes after eating.

• Posted

HI Paul. like you, i have moderate pain with sludge and small gravel size stones diagnosed about 3 years ago. i will go a week or so with a flare up and then it may not bother me for months. There doesn't seem to be any particular sort of food that causes it either

• Posted

I have had the go ahead from surgeon for removal. If you don't have the stereotypical intense attack they don't take you seriously. My symptoms are numerous, metallic taste, peeling palms, dry soles of feet, mild pinching feeling where gallbladder is, dull deep ache under right shoulder blade. In the morning no pain but as day goes on it ramps up. Never really bad, just annoying. Hope you get the outcome you want.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.