Timodine cream has been beneficial

Posted , 3 users are following.

Have now been applying Timodine cream for three weeks - two weeks three times a day, then the past week twice a day, washing with warm water (no soap) before application. I intend to use only one application per day for a fourth week, then risk nothing! So far I can report that after seven days the itch was gone, and after two weeks fissures had healed. I am revelling in feeling normal for a while, but realize that the problem will probably return. I think that my particular anal itch/soreness/fissures is caused by heat and sweating, but this cream certainly works for me and I shall cast embarassment aside to get more from my doctor.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

A steroid?
  • Posted

Hi. I have the same problem you have. Timodine makes the symptoms to disappear. Nothing else seems to help. Several doctors checked me and cannot find the cause of my anal itching which has been going on for 5 years now.

I think my problem has something to do with my faeces because for a while I was taking psyllium fiber husks and the things improved a bit. I think the way the fiber works is by binding the faeces together reducing the contact with faeces residuals with the skin.

Is there anything else you did that worked for you? I am concerned about the long term side effects of timodine.

• Posted

This is what i said too. My poos iritates my butt lol of course docs dont care and last weekd visit aparently its all in my head and a behaviour thing.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.