Tinea Cruris

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have just found out from this website what I actually have! Tinea Cruris. The doctors have not been able to explain this to me. I have this problem on one side of my groin only. It itches like hell especially at night and stops you getting a good nights sleep. I tried Ecostatin cream prescribed by the doc but this seemed to make the itching worse. I have now got another tube of Canesten HC. This stuff works well at getting rid of the itch for a couple of days but it seems to return when you stop using the cream. My partner seems to think that she has caught this from me. I am not sure how easy it is to pass on but something to be aware of. The doc has now also suggested trying Piriteze tablets which are not supposed to make you drowsy like some others. These tablets are supposed to reduce itching for general skin allergies so I will see how that goes.

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

ask your doctors whether you have a fungal infection or bacterial infection or some other infection.i am not sure that this medications are of tinea cruris.it may be possible that you have written the companies name and not the actual salt composition.the common antifungals used to treat tinea cruris are clotrimazole,miconazole,terbinafine etc.consult your doctor again or another good one.take in written and ask the name of the infection from your doctor.
  • Posted

Tinea Cruris is a nasty, itching irritation, I hope this information will be of use to you.

Tinea Cruris is easily passed from one person to another. Prevention really is better than cure. Personal hygiene is paramount in public changing areas; in swimming pools, gymnasiums, schools and clubs, steam rooms and saunas! Cotton swimming trunks will probably not protect you from catching this infection, but I believe lycra material trunks are better. If you or your a family member is infected, YOU ARE ALL AT RISK OF INFECTION! DON'T WALK AROUND ANY COMMUNAL CHANGING AREAS IN BARE FEET, OR LET YOUR CHILDREN DO SO! Teach your children how to dry their crotch and toe areas areas properly. For those of you who have recently got rid of this infection, I suggest you use LANACANE MENTHOLATED BODY POWDER for the crotch area and between toes. This will help to keep these areas dry - essentail if you want to prevent reinfection. You can of course use branded athlete's foot powder for the feet. DO NOT USE TALCUM POWDER ... IT'S USELESS!

If you have the infection in the crotch area, DO NOT SCRATCH IT! Yes, I know it is the most satisfying scratch ever invented, BUT RESIST IT! Get help from the pharmacist immediately.

TREAT THE CROTCH AREA AND FEET AREA (BETWEEN TOES) AT THE SAME TIME. WHY?

Because every time you put on your underwear and remove it, you are spreading spores between the two areas! Use clean, fresh underwear EVERY DAY and use a biological washing powder for the soiled underwear.

IF YOU DO NOT TACKLE THIS INFECTION SUCCESSFULLY, YOU AND YOUR FAMILY, AND OTHERS INFECTED BY YOU, COULD HAVE IT FOR YEARS!!

GOOD lUCK.

• Posted

I too had jock itch for a year or so and tried all sorts of remedies but to no avail. Finally, I went along to see my doctor when the itching became intolerable. He took one look at the problem and advised me I had "Tinea Cruris". He explained its causes and how to avoid future problems and then prescribed "Daktacourt" cream. Using it as prescribed stopped the itching within a day or so and the angry rash on both my inner thighs was gone within a week and the complaint hasn't returned in the 6 months since then.

I also suffer with "athletes foot" and it worked on that too!

• Posted

I have had this problem. I have rheumatoid arthritis where the immune system attacks the joints. I take disease modifying anti rheumatic drugs (DMARDs) to weaken the immune system and have become vulnerable to infections. When necessary I wash with tea tree soap (by Christina May from Amazon) which has anti-fungal properties, dry thoroughly with a hair drier and apply Daktarin Aktiv Cream. At the time of writing these measures seem to be effective.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.