Tinea Versicolor - PLEASE READ - EXTREMELY IMPORTANT

Posted , 3 users are following.

Dear Everyone who believes they suffer from this condition. You will be happy you read this. Like you, I was under the impression that I was suffering from Tinea Versicolor. I tried everything from Topical Prescription medications to natural stuff (cocount oil, oregano oil, applecider vinegar, EVERYTHING)

Then I went to a doctor who referred me to a dermatologist who took one good look at my back and said - thats [u]NOT[/u] tinea versicolor, you have been misdiagnosed by your physician. It is something called Progressive Macular Hypomelanosis and it is commonly misdiagnosed as Tinea Versicolor. Below is what it looks like.

https://www.google.ca/search?q=progressive+macular+hypomelanosis&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiXvZjpjYfTAhUp0YMKHSs1COYQ_AUICCgB&biw=1708&bih=789

If you're someone who suffered from what you think to be Tinea Versicolor and havent responded to any sort of drug that exists out there, its probably because you suffer from Progressive Macular Hypomelanosis (PMH). The same bacteria that cuases acne is responsible for PMH which means you can use the same solution to treat it.

I used Dalactin T and it worked great, I went to Mexico and got a good tan. Please note that you need to continue taking this medication evern after because the bacteria will come back and so will the discoloration. Please consult your physician for appropriate treatment solutions

And just for those who do suffer from Tinea Versicolor, apparently a highly most effective way to treat the fungal infection is with a drug called Sporanox. Consult your physician about it.

Just to summarize everything. If you have been suffering what you thought to be Tinea Versicolor and have tried prescription medications and have been unresponsive to them, then you likely have Progressive Macular Hypomelanosis. And if you do have Tinea Veriscolor then you need antifungals to get rid of it (either oral/pill or topical - apply on skin)

Tinea Versicolor - Fungal Infection

Progressive Macular Hypomelanosis - Bacterial Infection

GOOD LUCK AND GOD BLESS ALL OF YOU

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

raymond2000,

I signed up to this forum just to thank you. I have been diagnosed by multiple doctors with tinea versicolor and have been using all sorts of shampoos to treat myself with no results. I've lived this way for over 10 years.

I then found your post and the pictures look identical to what I have. After some research on PMH, I am now convinced this what I've had all along.

I will now began treating myself with benzoyl peroxide and Clindamycin cream.

• Posted

I am happy to hear that Visualizer. All the best with your treatment smile
  • Posted

Hi raymond2000, 

I was also under the impression that I had tinea versicolor and it's been 10 years now. 

I went to see my dermatologist who prescribed 5% benzol peroxide (benzagel) to use twice daily. It's been 3 months and I my light spots are hardly noticeable now smile

Thank you so much for your post!!

Tams

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.