Tingling

Posted , 8 users are following.

I was diagnosed in May & use Prednisone & Methotrexate. I've had two flare-ups that came on quick & hard but have now resolved. With all of the pain & misery of RA this is insignificant but very annoying especially at bedtime. I have no idea if this is RA or a side effect of the Prednisone or the Methotrexate. Any thoughts my friends?

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

The mtx actually makes me feel worse instead of better but I keep taking it for fear of more joint damage/erosion.  I often wonder if it is helping at all.  My CRP has been increasing so it is not helping that any.  I do wonder if my pain and terrible fatigue is from med side effects or from the RA.

• Posted

I have been taking both these med for about 14 years now

I have never had tingling but do get cramp

And some years ago it was quite often

There are different side affects for each tablet and if you can put up with these thend they do help

I was told 15 years ago that I had RA and it scared the he'll out of me being on all this

medication but kept with it

This reply is to both lisa82473 & steelctygirl

As you go along the line you will notice little things that happen and change

I have really weird dreams and have got very forgetful but if it keeps the pain down I will stay on them

The only thing is you don't know where people live and the different med for different countries

Good luck to both of you

Colin ( England )

• Posted

If your inflammation marker is still going up I am wondering if mxt is working. How long have you taken it from?
    • Posted

My markers are good Rowbirdie & this is just my second script of Methotrexate. I think my body has to get used to all of the meds. I hate taking them but what choice do we have. The diagnosis scared me to death. But what scared me the most was the pain & how fast this hit me. One day you are fine & functioning & the next you are incapacitated. I'll take the meds. Thank you all for your input & praying you all have a pain free summer.

• Posted

MTX scared me too. I have pain daily and with first dose my pain was resolved ....joyous! Literally could walk and felt NO pain. The day before I was to take 2nd dose the pain hit me like a Truck. Crying pain. I believe it was same pain, I just felt relief (albeit sick the whole time) from the constant pain. 2nd dose and again pain goes away. The started the burning insides, the hives, that progressively got worse and landed me in hospital. I was taking 15mg weekly and the RA at appt after 2nd dose said he wanted UP dose bc of pain coming back so fast and he's. He dismissed reactions to med that later that week landed me in ER w/severe allergic reaction. Now I'm off and never going back to MTX. I'm going to try something and PRAY I'm not allergic. Moral is - you HAVE to listen to YOUR body. Find what works best for you with side effects you can tolerate. Don't give up. Try natural remedies and medications and try to remain calm. Stress is a trigger. We hear you, it is scary. We are your support group day and night. Ask us before you try things. We will all chime in believe me! I've learned so much and am

So thankful for this group and the people whom respond.

• Posted

Hi, I started with MTX 2 and a half years ago along with Pred. Still on both. About 6 months after starting those 2 drugs I began to have problems, hands swelling, flares in wrists, etc.  after trying several different dharma I was put on Remicade, that worked really well, got Pred. down to 2 mg.  and life was ok, could do most everything.  After being on all these meds ( 2 and a half later) Remicade stopped working and I started to have really bad pain in all my joints and had to up the Prednosone to get some relief.  If MTX was working why did all the pain come back? I just started Oriencia and still have pain.  I have wondered since Remicade stopped working if the MTX is still working. There is a test to see if if the body has built up anti- bodies against it and I asked my doctor to prescribe it but he said its only done after u are on MTX for the first 3 months, maybe my GP will?. I sure would like to know.

• Posted

Hi there.

My mother,84 years was diagnosed last October and also takes both of these drugs. Fortunately, other than hair thinning and loss and being very tired, she hasn't yet suffered some of the side effects of MXT as others sometimes seem to. The prednisolone has had a bad effect on her skin of course and ideally we would like to get off the steroids but no luck yet. Despite the MXT, flares continue and though some days.mun can do a little more, there are also days when she can not move her arms at al for example. Almost every hour is different, or at least it can be. We are thankful for those days where the pain and stiffness are not as bad as the bad days......if you know what I mean. It is a rotten disease and our learning is that there is no pattern with everyone being different. We wish you well and that you find a god balance with as few side effects as possible.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.