Tingling

Posted , 6 users are following.

Does anyone ever feel prickly tingling sensation almost like goose bumps on their legs?? Is this an anxiety symptom...Just in the last 3 months Ive felt this amd have no idea why...Please help it scares me that maybe I have a brain tumor or something serious. Im 32 yo female and in good shape,5'6 135 lbs.....

1 like, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Oh yes..... I do feel things like that and it is anxiety symptoms ( for me anyway ) . Are you taking Sertaline ?
    • Posted

Yes i am....I know sometimes I would fell that chilled sensation in my head but just recently its the legs...I think.my facial.ones are from clinching or muscle strain...Well Im praying thats what it is!
    • Posted

It will deffo be the Sert. I am an old ### and never ever had restless legs.....until now and then every so often off they go, usually when I am half asleep/awake. I notice them and then wait for thew next twitch. So there is a next twitch until I ignore it and think of something else. The tingling thing happens to me too. Hands and feet more than legs. I use a Pilates spikey massage ball; works a treat. Worth a try?

All the best,

Phil 

• Posted

I feel it in my brain , shoulder.... very rare but when it comes I get panic :-( Even if I know it's nothing really. How many Sertaline you take ?

• Posted

Hi Michelle, I'm fairly new to Sertraline and about 3 weeks in on a 50mg per day dosage.  I am also experiencing some tingling but mainly in my hands.  I spoke to my GP this week and she wasnt concerned.  This could be a side-effect but it's also worth noting that tingling can be a symptom of the anxiety that you are probably taking Sertraline for.  I'm not convinced this is working for me yet but I have agreed to renew my prescription and take it for a few months.   Hopefully within the next few weeks I will see the benefit of the drug.  My GP did say that if there wasnt a noticeable improvement in 6 weeks that it would be unlikely to work for me.  

• Posted

Do you mean pins and needles? If so I've had them on my feet and hands as a symptom of anxiety pretty much since I've been ill. They have justed dropped off after the dose has been increased to 150.

• Posted

Dove, How long did it take for Sertraline to work for you?  I'm on a much lower dose of 50mg per day but my GP said if required I could go up to 100mg per day.  Only been on the med for weeks but not really kicked in for me yet.

• Posted

Probably worth giving it another couple of weeks, if you are not seeing any benefit and then trying 100mg. Hopefully the side effects have started to fade off after 3 weeks.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.