tingling all over twitching all over jerks at night and pain all over

Posted , 2 users are following.

hello, i am new here i was just wondering if someone can interpret these mri results of my cervical spine. I feel pain in my lumbar spine also. Thank you for your time

The visualized portions of the cerebellum are normal in signal. The 

cervical spinal cord is unremarkable. There is no myelomalacia, 

gliosis or cystic change. 

The cervical curvature is within normal limits. There are no 

compression deformities or focal bone marrow lesion. 

At C1-C2, the predental space is normal. The dens is intact. 

At C2-C3, and C7-T1, the discs exhibit normal height and signal 

intensity. There is no central canal or foraminal encroachment.

At C3-C4, there is a circumferential disc bulge which indents the 

thecal sac and partially effaces the anterior subarachnoid space. 

There is no foraminal narrowing. The facet joints are unremarkable. 

At C4-C5, there is a focal posterior central disc protrusion with 

subjacent annular tear indenting the thecal sac and partially 

effacing the anterior subarachnoid space. There is no foraminal 

narrowing. The facet joints are unremarkable. 

At C5-C6, there is a focal posterior central disc protrusion with 

subjacent annular tear indenting the thecal sac and partially 

effacing the anterior subarachnoid space. There is no foraminal 

narrowing. The facet joints are unremarkable. 

At C6-C7, there is a disc bulge which partially effaces the anterior 

subarachnoid space. There is a superimposed disc ridge complex at the 

right uncovertebral joint producing mild right foraminal 

encroachment. The facet joints are unremarkable. 

The prevertebral soft tissues are normal. The retrospinous tissues 

are intact. 

IMPRESSION: 

1. At C3-C4 a circumferential disc bulge partially effaces the 

anterior subarachnoid space. 

2. At C4-C5 and C5-C6, focal posterior central disc herniations with 

subjacent annular tears indent the thecal sac and partially effaces 

the anterior subarachnoid space. 

3. At C6-C7, a disc bulge partially effaces the anterior subarachnoid 

space. A disc ridge complex at the right uncovertebral joint produces 

mild right foraminal encroachment. 

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Annular tear – This describes the condition where the intervertebral disc has early damage. The damage comprises of a tear in the annulus fibrosus (see the section Anatomy of the Spine). The tear causes different inflammatory substances to be released by the body and this can cause local neck and back pain with arm pain.

Not sure how old you are but if you have seen a surgeon- what did he say ?

The symptoms you have are caused by encroachment on the nerve or root nerve. Hate to be a bearer of bad news but what you have can cause many problems depending on your age. If you are under 45 years old you might ask about surgery.

Pain Weakness- twitching is caused by nerve compression and can cause atrophy.

See your Dr and get answers so you can correct now. Stay healthy Don't sit around and be proactive in treatment. Getting worse is the real issue.

Lots of MRI sites on net. Just look it up for answers.

I've had 10 operations with a fusion - you could be looking at one in near future.

Your symptoms match the MRI so yes you have problems that can be addressed.

Thanks & good luck.

• Posted

3. At C6-C7, a disc bulge partially effaces the anterior subarachnoid

space. A disc ridge complex at the right uncovertebral joint produces

mild right foraminal encroachment.

Just 1 of your problems I pasted above. That's medicalease for - you have a development of what I call BONE SPURS or Osteophytes. Could be jagged calcium growth or bone abnormalities that can put pressure on nerve root or nerve.

I have all of the above & Arachnoiditis from a Myelogram. After 10 operations no Dr will touch me now.

The twitchy feeling the pins & needles are all due to nerve interruption or similar.

Seek out the best Dr you can find Try and get better tests and also see a Neurologist for opinion Cover all your bases. Your not crazy & I know it hurts and worries you. Worst thing you can do is NOTHING & anything that makes it worse.

I'm not a Dt. just someone with 30 years of experience with Spine related injuries / conditions. Dr's tend to treat us as a group and will only intervene after we have an emergency situation like Loss of Bladder or severe weakness in limbs.

Wish I could give you great news - but for now find Dr's that want to help you and want to look hard at what is the best treatment.

I'm in the USA and times are tough for pain patients and back / neck patients because they are afraid to treat us.

Best to you & stay active - as much as body will allow.

Keep chin up !

• Posted

thanks for replying I am 29 years old i already saw a neurologist all my  tests were fine. I have an appointment this firday to see someone and going for physical therapy to. I injured myself when i was working out that is likely the cause of all of this. Also have pain in my lower back to lumbar region. thanks
  • Posted

Also, forgot to mention i stopped working out this past december and my symptoms did not start until early march
  • Posted

one more thing how serious are these herniated discs on a scale from 1 to 10 along with the disc bulge of c6-c7

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.