Tingling and burning limbs. Ringing in ears. Worried about MS.

Posted , 8 users are following.

Ive had tingling and burning in my limbs since last year on and off. my left leg feels different like something is pulling down the back of it. im always hot....could it be start of menopause. have lower back pain and hip pain but nothing too severe. also, ringing in my ears though i do have sinus issues. worried its ms or some other neurological problem. saw a neurologist, was in 5 minutes. passed all reflex tests etc. booked in for an mri. i do have health anxiety so may be part of it. cant stop googling and pondering.

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hi Donna, I have similar symptoms and also wonder if its perimenopause (I'm 48 and still have regular periods but something must be changing). I also had the 5 minute neurologist exam in which I was given a casual all clear, which was both good and frustrating since the symptoms of tingling are so powerful.... after months of pursuing more and more tests nothing has come up, fortunately, but I do feel glad that they were done thoroughly. I'd say keep being pushy with the doctors and asking for tests -- I was told to insist on an MRI with contrast, rather than without, to really exclude MS, but of course every case is different. Then I had a spinal puncture to test the spinal fluid. Make a diary of your symptoms to see when they come back, how often, etc. But it does sound like good news that they come and go and aren't constant. Good luck and I hope everything clears up for you soon!

• Posted

hi donna ive had tingling in all my limbs for 33 months now i dont have second without it ,its a good sign yours comes and goes ,ive been told clearly mine is not ms as its symmetrical and came on overnight ,ive looked into all this alot over the years there are many peri menaupausel women who have this symptom ,burning and tingling can indicate something called small fibre neuropathy ,everyone of my tests are normal yet this continues none stop alot of ppl never get answers for there symptoms

• Posted

Can the neuropathy come on overnight ? Mine as I think I have said to you previously certainly came on over a couple of days but I believe it was caused by Cipro/Fluoroquinolone antibiotics.

• Posted

mine came on overnight there was nothing wrong with me at all before it spread from toes to knees to hands within 3 hours and has been none stop ever since not a second without it ever i have no idea what happened to me and neither does any neuro

• Posted

Like you my neuropathy get no proper diagnosis. The first one said there are 125 different types of neuropathy and many are difficult to distinguish between. Worst one said after seconds of meeting that I had CMT. When I said all the tests including genetic tests did not find that he responded did they do the right ones. Did they interpret them correctly ?

• Posted

hi donna I Have had burning tingling pains in my feet and hands for years now. I have started to get creeping burning tingling sensations up my arms inside my chest at night. Do you ever get that ? kathy

• Posted

I have had tingling all over that started in my left foot, went to both feet, traveled up my legs to my knees. Then I started feeling it in my left arm and left side of my face. I don't have headaches or pain with it, just the very unpleasant tingling or buzzing feeling, like I'm holding a weed eater that's vibrating. It's worse at night about 2 to 4 in the morning. I also have terrible tinnitus since the tingling started and a ton of floaters in my eyes. I have been to neurologists, MD's, and ophthalmologists. I have had a CT scan, MRI, lots of blood work including lyme disease test, B12, vitamin D, folate, CBC, thyroid, hormone tests, etc. All came back negative. They have ruled out MS, thank goodness, but they are thinking possibly GBS or CIDP. What I do know is that diet makes it worse. If I eat gluten, dairy, sugar, and bad fats, it gets way worse that night. If I stay away from those, it stabilizes. It never goes away, just doesn't get worse. I am looking into EMF's now. I have ordered a whole house EMF reducer to see if that helps. I will post again after I have gotten it. I am also seeing a Functional Diagnostic doctor. Hopefully something will work. By the way, I am 55 and 4 years post menopause. I've heard that can cause it too, but all my hormones seem fine, so I don't know.

• Posted

hi i woke up with tingling in both feet within hours to both knees then both hands i have none stop tingling not a second without it in 35 months now ,ive had every test possible and now been diagnosed with small fibre neuropathy ,i feel this is just a label as drs didnt know what else to do with me ,there are many with small fibre with symptoms you describe

• Posted

Hi,

My ears have been ringing for almost a year, NEURO and ENT couldn't rule out anything. Have you tried ENT ? I have been experiencing muscle pain on all four limbs (not sure how to explain, the pain feels the same as after an intense workout but its constant (sore/burn) I had clean CT Scan/EMG and neuro did not give me anymore diagnosis and refused an mri because of the clean tests. I would suggest getting an MRI/EMG if you can and then check your vitamins as well as it plays a big factor.

I have health anxiety and I understand your pain.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.