tingling and nerve pain

Posted , 4 users are following.

ordHello, Hopefully someone will be experiencing the same symptoms as me????

I had a total thyroidectomy in 2014, during surgery my vocal cords were damaged and these have never fully recovered

Now however I am on 125mcg levo and get b12 injections every 10 weeks, I have been having tingling and bone pain all over my body.  Awaiting an appointment with neurology.

Is anyone else having the same symptoms?

Thanks

Jac 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I'm not familiar with having a total thyroidectomy, but I do know that the side effects of Vitamin b injections include, numbness, burning, tingling and joint pain.  But it's still a good idea to get it checked out..

• Posted

I had a total thyroid entomb in August., then I was out on 100mcg levothyronine, and a high dose of calcium. I experienced lots of numbness and tingling in my toes and hands. I reported this but no one seemed bothered, it was very uncomfortable . 

Once my calcium levels were ok they stopped the high dose, and the tingling stooped...apparently they only get concerned if your face tingles? ( neuro??)

i hope you feel better...I'm awfully tired and out of sync.

• Posted

Sorry, spellchecker went haywire

I had a total thyroidectomy !!

• Posted

Hi, i am hypo and experience chronic pins and needles in my face and all over my body. My body aches like i have a fever with out an actual fever. It is so bad that for days i cant do much. Idk if it is thyroid related but i have a dr. App soon.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.