Tingling burning sensation

Posted , 2 users are following.

the 29th of this month marks 1 year since I have been suffering from tingling, cramping and burning sensation all over my body from head to toe. this all started at the beginning of my second trimester of my pregnancy. I had no idea what was happening to my body and tried to explain to my obygn what I was feeling. she made me do an ultrasound because I was crying for abdominal pain. the ultra revealed I had fibroids and the doctors were saying that was the source of my pain. I went along with their theory, all I wanted was to have a healthy baby and be ok. I was constantly at the doctors office in pain crying that something is wrong. I was then hospitalized because I was telling them I was in constant pain and I was scared. all they gave me was pain meds that didn't help and send me home. I was literally trying to be strong just to bring my first child in the world. I was so frustrated trying to explain what I am feeling to the doctors. I said it felt like something is crawling under my skin, burning like my entire body was cramping. they kept on saying it was hormones and once I had baby all will be well. I was out work for 6 months upon til I had baby march of this year. my son is now 5 months and I am still suffering from the same symtoms. I have been from one doctor to the next. in July I decided to see a neurologist who suggested to do a mri brain and a spinal lumbar exam. the MRI came back normal. still awaiting results from my lumbar. I am so miserable and unhappy I can't enjoy motherhood the way I would want. I am also back at work and have to be suffering in silence. no one seems to understand what I am saying. I also think my family is tired of hearing me complain about the same thing over and over again. at one point I felt like ended my life because no one deserves to be in so much pain but then I remember my son. I am frustrated and don't know what else to do. 😦

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

hello Trisha, sorry to hear your story. Has anyone suggested Fibromyalgia to you? It could account for a lot of the symptoms your are experiencing.

• Posted

hi LoobyM, I saw a rheumatologist that ruled this out. like yesterday while at my desk I caught a video of my fingers twitching. at one point I thought maybe I was going crazy because I am trying to explain what is happening to me and one understand. everyone around me is telling me to stop complaining while I am just suffering in silence. everyday is painful I am praying that one day this will end. I need to be happy again. I am beyond frustrated every where itches..

• Posted

I have had several blood test done. all came back negative except for my vitamin D deficiency. is there a specific test for fibromyalgia? I did a lumbar puncture two weeks ago awaiting the results from that as well.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.