Tingling feet and legs, pain after caesarian

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi, far out I don't know where to start. 9 months ago I had my second child by Caesarian. I woke up with a feeling of heavy legs and my tailbone was really sore - like I was sitting on a rock. I got a terrible infection inside (product was left inside me) and my body went into shock. I was rushed to the hospital and they did a curette. I was then on intravenous antibiotics for 4 days. The infection cleared but 10 days after the original surgery tingling started in my feet and legs. I also had a whole host of weird symptoms like my face felt like it was pulling from the inside, tingling in arms and hands, headaches etc. after a while everything settled except the tingling in my feet, legs and sometimes hands and arms. It never goes away. Now I'm getting widespread aching in my legs from my hips down. I also have lower back pain on the right hand side since leaving hospital. I've seen two neurologists who said that I just 'need to sleep'. I didn't sleep while in hospital at all. They had me on opoids which I told them I think I'm allergic to them - I started hallucinating. I'm not an anxious person. I'm in a top executive job. I've had an MRI done of my brain and spine with no issues. Anyone got any thoughts?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I imagine you were taking prenatal vitamin with b6. B6 toxicity can cause those symptoms. It happens to some people even in very small doses. So can b12 deficiency and so can certain antibiotics. Have b6 checked ASAP or check your prenatal for how much was in it if you are no longer taking it. Have b12 checked. Also look to see if fluoroquinolone antibiotics were used.
    • Posted

Thanks for posting Lisa. I actaully wasn't taking any vitamins with being pregnant, so can possibly rule that one out. B12 is apparently ok, but I'm going to get a print-out of the results. I will check on the Antibiotics - thanks so much.

• Posted

to me it sounds like peripheral neuropathy, i'm confused by your sudden unset. I have it and it was a progressive type with no known causes (idiopathic) lisa37039 is correct in her suggestions.  mine started in the feet, went to the hands 6 years later and now in legs,between ankle and knee. i've had it now for 15 years. i've tried many drugs but now on lyrica, methodone, gabapatin all in combo for pain relief. now in my state the use of cannabis is legal.  i'm trying to get off off methodone and will soon try cannabis(pill form). i know doctors are always pushing the pills and really don't know what you're going through but find a doctor or pain clinic and push til you have your questions answered. best of luck and try also to find answers on the internet but also be alert that somethings can scare you, best of luck and make the best of each day because it's not easy at times.  even though you have children a small pet would help because my "oliver" has made those rough days better!

• Posted

Hi peter. We have the exact same thing and our symptoms are very similar if not identical. Is the lyrica helping you? I m titrating down on my gabapentin so I can try taking the lyrica. 900mg 3x a day is what I've been on for awhile. Are you on disability? Thanks For Your Time smile

• Posted

Thanks so much Peter.  I'm confused by it too.  I don't understand how no-one thinks it's related to the surgery or the post surgery...I didn't have anything wrong with me beforehand. Was perfectly fine. I am getting scared that this will be permanent and will get a lot worse.  I have a gorgeous family - 2 young children and an amazing husband.  I value my wonderful life.  I guess I just need to keep trying to find answers and live everyday. Thanks again.

• Posted

Everything you explain sounds like it could be nerve issues. And your operation may very well be involved. Drs. Won't agree w you readily for fear of action being taken against them. One sure way to find out if nerve damage etc. is ask for a nerve conduction test. Make sure your insurance w cover cost. I had a progression of several test over many years and nct was not performed until I was unable to get around. Hope this helps. Incoming hugs are coming your way. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.