Tingling hands and feet

Posted , 5 users are following.

I just spent the last few days with tingling in my fingers and feet just wondering has anybody els experienced this and if so have you found anything that has helped with this.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Ali

yes have had this, another delightful Meno/peri-meno symtom rolleyes

spent so much wasted time thinking I was getting MS, neurological disorder???

Go with the flow, wink you may be stuck with a while but IT'S GONE now and I'm sure your sensations will go to

as I am not an MD I can't explain right now why we get it and what causes our bodies to do this but there probably is some scientific reason

Don't worry though 

HAPPY NEW YEARS XXX

• Posted

ali43641 hope you feel better soon take care lots of love Elaine.😊😊😊xxxx
    • Posted

Thanks Elaine am just going to take Mrs Merm's advice and go with the flow!!!
  • Posted

Hi Ali

Yes I have had these symptoms and actually wrote an almost identical post about two months ago.

My tingling was more apparent in my left had but also present in my left and a little in my feet. My GP but it down to Carpal Tunnel Syndrome which obviously didnt explain the feet. 

My GYN seemed to think it was circulatory not peri but I'm sure hormones are involved.

Mine lasted for about five (very worring) weeks. During that time I had two sessions of acupuncture which stopped the tingling for about four days. On both occassions it returned by did seem milder when it came back. Then the two things I did that seemed to stop the final remaining tingling were i) a deep tissue massage and ii) use a high strength vitamin B12 patch (which you wear on your skin for 24 hours once a week) - you can find them on amazon from a company called Vie Patch. As I tried both the massage and patch within 24 hours of each other its difficult to know which made the difference or perhaps it was the combination.

Also I found that yoga helped. 

• Posted

Hi Ali,

Try and get tested for b12. When I had tingling hands and feet in early peri I was 140 pg/ml.

Here in the UK under 200 is considered low in other countries 500 would be.

My GP gave me b12 injections and got mine back up to 380.

I still suffer occasionally and when I do I use vie b12 patches once a week with a Jarrow b12 lozenge every day also.

B12 is water soluble so you cannot really overdose on it. You get rid of excess in urine.

Indeed your body cannot absorb all the b12 from the patches or lozenges so your pee may look yellow anyway.

If I do this for a few weeks it makes the tingling go away for ages.

Hope this helps.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.