Tingling in leg, pounding in heart, thumping in ears, hollow feeling in head

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello forum, I was hoping someone might be able to help me -- I've really enjoyed reading the discussions on this forum but haven't posted before. I've been having very strange symptoms for a long time now but was sent away by the doctors after extensive blood tests and a 24 hour heart test didn't reveal anything.  They told me it was anxiety and panic and I'm sure that has a lot to do with it, but it never goes away...

What I've been feeling for more than 6 months now is:

Tingling in left leg, especially in the foot, when lying down.

Pounding in the heart, especially when lying down

Some tingling in the arms

Some pounding in the ears, and a certain hollow feeling in my head which is very difficult to describe, but it sort of feels like a wave receding between my ears and the back of my head

A weakness generally on the left side

General sense of unease and feeling unwell.

If anyone can help me I'd really appreciate it. 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Yea that’s what they did to me even at the hospital for weeks till I had to call ambulance actually my boy friend when they came I fell to the ground and literally paralyzed go into the hospital tell them u think all this could could be gillian Barrie or some thing like this your symptoms sound like what I had u can’t tell by blood work or ecg you can only tell by spinal tap request ask for some one in nerology
  • Posted

Also was in hospital for 1 year paralyzed still have tingling in my legs feet head and left hand don’t leave tell they run some test on it . Was on life support basically had to have plasma . Im not dr but they did same to me till I basically was not the dr at emergency kept telling me for 9 days same stupid dr all in my Had I’m having anxiety attack I’m depressed I basically was walking to deterating look it up on google gbs , Gillian Barrie Syndrome or u can check also line disease but I had gbs . There’s all different forms of it . Don’t panic just go to emergency tell them the symptoms and don’t leave till u get answers . 

Yours truly 

• Posted

Hi Kat,

How did all of this begin for you? I had a case of Guillain Barre and was scared about my symptoms before I could find out what was happening to me.  Anxiety can really cloud the whole picture because many of the symptoms can be the similar. The nerve issues and weakness hit me pretty fast and hard. It was ascending for me and I also had the issues in my face, heart and head. Things started getting better for me after 3 or 4 months but continued to improve over the last couple years.

id you ever hit a lowest point or are you continually feeling worse? That's good that you got checked out initially. I found that I had to get my anxiety under control before I could get a doctor to take me seriously and check me out further so you may want to really try to breathe and relax. I know that it takes time to get your body back out of the panic cycle. And that does make you have that weird feeling in your head.

And I do know how hard it is to relax when you are afraid something is wrong and no one will help you,  Really try to treat the anxiety though so that if you continue to have trouble the doctor will not see anxiety first. Then try to find the right doctor if you still have the symptoms.

I hope you feel better soon!

• Posted

Thanks for your messages everyone, and my heart goes out to those of you who had such terrible troubles and scary symptoms!  

This has been a very long term and slow development, over about a year an a half, in a period of very high stress, and it does get worse when the stress is worse, which is why I have tended to believe the doctors.  But I'm just so tired of it... and should really get more aggressive and have the tests done for underlying conditions.  It's good advice to treat the anxiety first, it's just so difficult to know where to start, and the symptoms themselves make me more anxious, which probably makes the symptoms worse, and so on, and so on. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.