Tingling & Numbness

Posted , 11 users are following.

Hi everyone.

I've just joined - apologies if thi shas been discussed elsewhere but I hope I can get some information from other sufferers.

I was told I had post viral fatigue in 1997 - in 2004 I was diagosed with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. I had to give up on my career but made a new one, working part-time hours. I've been lucky enough to scrape by.

ThisJanuary however, I started to get symptos new to me. Walking and veering to the one side, tingling in my hands and feet and numbness too. Also a terrible stiffness that affects my walking and my ability to pick things up. The worst new thing is terrible problems swallowing.

I had to give up work completely - I just couldn't do it and I am back to sleeping 14 hours a day.

My GP sent me to a neurologist. After a 13 week wait in pain and discomfort I finally saw neuro 2 days ago.

Her attitude really pissed off. Chronic Fatigue was talked about the whole time. I couldnt feel pin pricks on my face, feet or hand. I had a positive reaction to the Babinski sign (I know about it as I have a friend who is a GP). She told me, it's not MS, it's CFS.

BUT, I am being sent for an MRI, to see a speech therapist for the swallowing problems, a physiotherapist for the stiff legs, a psychologist for my memory problems and I am being put on pregabalin painkillers. (The NHS is great once you are in the system).

What I would like to ask, after years of CFS, I didn't think numbness and tingling were part of CFS symptoms. 

How many of you have these types of symptoms?

Apologies for the long first post!

David B

0 likes, 44 replies

44 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Just an update for those of you who asked - blood test results back. All normal apart from Vitamin D which was 27, whatever that means . I have to go see my GP to get calcium  and vitam D tablets. 

Cheers

David.

• Posted

Thankyou:  you are just confirming an isue that I was starting to become concerned about.  In the past few months, I have been finding that after lying down for a rest/sleep, My lower limbs start to become numb, with tingling sensations. It was confusing me, as having spent 30 years being a Registered Nurse, and not understanding why these symptoms were only appearing when lying down, and only in muscles, I knew it was not related to any other medical condition, However, I had not read re same symptoms in any other site on CFS/ME: now I am reassured;  what I do to stop the numbness/tingling (enabling me to rest/sleep) is wear some TubyGrip on legs and for some reason this assissts the muscles, and assists my sleep/rest.  (I also realize now that it is not just Restless Legs Syndrome, as some people thinl)..  Thankyou. 
  • Posted

Thankyou:  you are just confirming an isue that I was starting to become concerned about.  In the past few months, I have been finding that after lying down for a rest/sleep, My lower limbs start to become numb, with tingling sensations. It was confusing me, as having spent 30 years being a Registered Nurse, and not understanding why these symptoms were only appearing when lying down, and only in muscles, I knew it was not related to any other medical condition, However, I had not read re same symptoms in any other site on CFS/ME: now I am reassured;  what I do to stop the numbness/tingling (enabling me to rest/sleep) is wear some TubyGrip on legs and for some reason this assissts the muscles, and assists my sleep/rest.  (I also realize now that it is not just Restless Legs Syndrome, as some people thinl)..  Thankyou. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.