Tingling, pain, and numbness of foot after ankle orif and sydesmosis reduction

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi,

So 2 weeks ago I had an orif of the fibula and sydesmotic screws in to reduce the tibio-fibular joint. (see pics).

A few days ago I noticed the top of my foot was numb to light touch and tingly a bit deeper. Not only this, but the area is also painful when I press down on it and stretch my toes up and down, painful as if Ive dropped something heavy on it.

Has anyone else had this or have any ideas what is causing it and whether it needs looking at? I've been in and out of A and E loads already, and dont want to go as I dont feel it's an emergency. Worried it may be compartment syndrome, but I'm pretty sure the pain would be a lot worse!!

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

its totally normal. when t

you start walking again it will hurt also. Ifs scary because the doctors do not tell you about the after affects. But everything youre feeling is normal. i had my surgery september and i still feel those feelings. i just take pain meds as needed and the numbness comes and goes. i hope this eases tour soul a little bit atleast ❤

• Posted

Oh thank you, thought something was wrong and when you're under orthopaedics youre in limbo until your next appointment with them! No one want to deal with you or take responsibility! Mind is eased somewhat now though, thanks 😊

• Posted

This happened to me for months after surgery, the nerves are just figuring their new way with your new leg 😃

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.