Tingling/pins & needles in hands

Posted , 4 users are following.

I'm back after right shoulder MUA with nerve block on 7/18/19. I've been in aggressive physical therapy for the first two weeks. I will start therapy 2 x weekly starting next week. My range of motion has improved a little, but the pain is still unbearable. It feels like something is catching inside the socket area at times. I am still having pain on the right side of my neck after my therapist gave me a deep tissue massage. After around the 4th day after surgery, my hands began to tingle and feel like pins and needles. Has anyone else experienced this and what did you do for relief? I am at the brink of going into a deep hole because of the pain this condition is leaving me in, with no relief and hardly any sleep. I know it's a process, but I don't know how much longer I can stand this pain.

I will be calling my doctor on Monday to see if he has any answers or can at least prescribe something to help ease my hand pain.

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Clara, chin up and remember you have come this far and it will improve slowly.

I had my MUA in Jan 2019 and i still have pain in my arm, neck and shoulder but the blackout pain prior to surgery went away immediately.

It sounds like you may need a drug that will target nerve pain. I know how hard this is for you. I still have physio and do it at home myself daily. Your sleep will improve over time but i still wake up several times at night with pain and soreness. My range of movement has improved but i am restricted with certain ranges.

I think in some cases we are lead to believe that once the MUA is over all will be well and that is certainly not the true.

Everyone is different in recovery but all i can tell you is that it takes time. I wish you the very best and please try to stay positive.

• Posted

Thank you. I appreciate your heartfelt response and am determined to get through this.

Slow and steady wins the race.💙

• Posted

Hello Clara

I had operation for frozen shoulder two weeks tomorrow...it's second one....had first one December 2017..... it's been hell the pain for past 2 years plus is indescribably and can send you into depression but you just have to be positive knowing that it will end.

I have first intense physio tomorrow and hopefully the road to recovery. Pins and needles are part of it because of the pain block in your neck it's horrible but will pass in time. The pain for FS is just horrible and no-one knows better than us sufferes. Please don't give up ..... go to your doctors and get advice and I hope you will make a full recovery soon... it's just awful

We are all here to help you recover ...... I am still recovering ..... take care and get well soon

• Posted

I am sorry you are having to deal with surgery, yet again. Praying you will have a better, less painful recovery this go round. I had no idea about the pins and needles being a side effect of the nerve block, even though I researched it prior to my mua. I wish the anesthesiologist would have mentioned it. At least I would have known what to expect.

You're exactly right about the pain. It is excruciating and can and probably does lead to depression and even thoughts of suicide.

I'm doing a lot of praying and some Bible reading. God knows I won't make it through this without His help. And being a part of this forum is a great help, as well.

Thank you for your response.

I pray you are feeling better and have an uneventful and quick recovery.

• Posted

Any update on the pins and needles? It's getting better?

• Posted

Hello,

I was referred to a neurologist, who thinks it may have something to do with my neck.

I'm scheduled for an MRI today.

I'll post an update as soon as I get it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.