Tingling randomly on various parts of my body. Could it be connected to an ear infection?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have PCOS. I decided to be serious about my health and cut out all sweetened drinks, sodas, white rice and in almost three (3) months I lost 15 months.

But I have started itching; in not just my ears but also on my legs. Not horribly, it is more tingly than itchy. Then vertigo hit me. My sinus has been draining. Some days worse than others.

Now today, my palms have started itching.

Can all these symptoms be tied to just an ear infection?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Heya - firstly depends on what you were consuming before e.g. were you drinking a lot of fizzy high sugary drinks before you cut them out? Because if so that will cause weight loss due to the high amounts of sugar and the subsequent reduction.

I wasn’t sure how much weight you’d lost (you said 3 months you’d lost 15 months...) but if it’s unlikely to be diet related I’d see your GP to check there’s nothing else going on which is causing the weight loss. 

Rapid weight loss can cause a number of symptoms and the symptoms you mention could be put down to that. Tingling sensations could be a sign of electrolyte imbalance which happens for a number of reasons and rapid weight loss is one of them. 

With rapid weight loss / being malnourished / being underweight your body jumps into its fight or flight response as it senses danger so various organs start conserving energy. In your immune system this might mean an increase in illness for example. 

I’d definitely go to the GP about this.

• Posted

It is definitely cause of the reduction of sugar carbs and carbs. I was around 190lbs. I drank soda not every day, mostly very sweet drinks and soda once in a while. I ate large amounts of rice, fast food, dark meat.

I've cut out processed foods almost totally. The most I will eat is a whole wheat cracker or cookie. I only eat chicken breast etc.

I replaced white rice with sweet potato and vegetables.

I'm drinking gatorade right now on lunch, for electrolytes. I'm trying to see what all this tingling could be.

I was also speculating paresthesia since 2 parts of my spine have a herniated disc I got from cliff diving.

The tingling recently has been accompanied by noticeable burning on my arms.

Sigh. I am setting up an appointment but I am so thrown. What is going on with me?

• Posted

Hiya - sounds nasty.

Based on what you’ve said you’re eating you’re eating way too little. It’s not recommended to eat less than 1200 calories a day. Are you drinking enough water?

Separately, the fact you’ve mentioned issues with your spine could be a significant factor too. I’d suggest a) see a GP like you plan, b) increase your intake c) stay hydrated d) ensure you’re getting enough protein to rebuild the damage. If you’re cutting our meat there are other sources.

• Posted

Hi there.

Are you on medication for your ear? Could be a side affect.

• Posted

Taking no medication at the moment. Well, I am on birth control to help my periods come back since I have pcos but this tingling was before.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.