Tingling, tennitus, visual snow, reduced mental function

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi all,

I've been having symptoms come on for years now and it's driving me insane. I now have a constant tingling all over my body, mainly felt in my extremeties, but also in my butt, back and sometimes my face. It's always there, but it does get worse at points. This has been going on for at least 3 years. I also have visual snow and tennitus, but not sure how long I've had it. It seems that my cognitive function is slowly declining, as I used to be a straight A student, on top of everything and have a very broad vocabulary, but now I have a diffucult time remembering simple things including words that I use in my profession every day. It also often feels as if I'm in a dreamlike state and my head is just super heavy and full. I'm only 21, eat fairly healthy, and am quite active. I had a brain MRI three years ago that showed nothing, and every time I go to the doctor they just brush me off. I'm working on getting a primary care doctor where I just moved and am hoping when I do they take me seriously! I would love to know if anyone has had anything like this happen to them and what has come of it! Thanks in advance!

3 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hello, I am wondering how you are and if you have received any help for your symptoms this far? I have the visual snow symptom, I have had it for decades and got used to it. I am more aware of it when against a dark backdrop, more in winter than in summer. However, I also have from time to time the tingling that you describe, mainly in my extremities and well, I don't know, it might have something to do with the visual snow fenomen. Have you put a question about a possible connection to your doctor?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.