Tinnitis

Posted , 3 users are following.

Continuous ringing in ears for well over a year. Tried everything, so was wondering, is this Goin to get worse?

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

It might...have you been to an ENT doctor?  What does ENT say is cause of the tinnitus?  Have you had an audiogram?  Are you taking any meds for it?
    • Posted

I have been to ENT, slight hearing loss cause. There is nothing can be done he said..I first had a knot in left neck, and day aftr my Catscan, the ringing started. Some days are better than others..I just pray it doesn't get worse..it's just awful..I miss my quiet times..

• Posted

Hi Terrie

I have had the same for the past 6 months and some days are worse than others. I have seen the ENT and had hearing test but nothing shows up as to the actual cause. I do know of people who have suffered for many years so it looks as though we could be stuck with this for life. I must say that generally I manage quite well with this but not so on bad days, I do try and keep as calm about it as possible because worrying too much makes it worse for me. Relaxing music at night seems to help and not taking life too seriously is also helping.

All the best

Robin

• Posted

Robin,

Thanks for yr reply. I too went to ENT and he said I had high pitch level gearing loss. That , he said left a void in my brain which in turn the brain filled with this noise I have in my ears. Yes, some days it gets worse than others. Glad that it's not just me cuz I fear it staying that way. I have learned to deal with the constant noise, like my head is in a florescent light fixure, but some days a shrill whistle sound takes over an I almost panic thinkin what if it doesn't stop. It usually does tho. I do find eating sweets, stress, tiredness, anger etc affects it big time. I can't hardly raise my voice. My hearing also gets very sensitive on bad days..Praying they soon find a cure..

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.