Tinnitus!!

Posted , 4 users are following.

So about 2 and a half weeks ago i got ride of a cold. Then what do ya know the next morning i woke up with my ears ringing louder than ever.. Went to the E.N.T. he said my ears are healthy and my hearing was A okay. The ringing subsides a hell of alot.. But im scared its gonna come back worse. Any of you guys know if this is gonna turn into a long term thing? I almost got sent to the 5th floor because of my depression it came with..

4 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi Kenneth

I do not want to dissapoint, but I have had screaming Tinnitus in both ears for years and years.It drives me insane...Unfortunatly there is no cure, so the doctor's say..

• Posted

Well like mine has been going down weekly.. So im not sure if its temporary or not
    • Posted

How do you cope with yours Anne.  Any advice for us sufferers.  Does it get any better over time.  I had mine + - 9 months ago, still here, not going anywhere anytime soon.
    • Posted

Hi Shabina

I am affraid i just have to put up with it. The more I notice my ears screaming, the louder it seems to be. As I am typing this, the screaming is so loud it drives me mad.. I so wish there was something that could be done..

• Posted

I have had it for years, too manyto count. I have found it gets worse if I am in a car with the window down or out on my mobility scooter in the wind. As others have said, there is no cure, but hopefully now your cold is better and it is getting less, it will disappear altogether.

Regards, Val.

• Posted

So mine has been going down a good bit. I have to literally sit it conolete quiet in order to hear the ringing. Is this going to he long term for me if you know?
    • Posted

I wouldn't think so, seeing as it lessening fast. Let's hope it soon goes away all together. 

Regards. Val

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.