Tinnitus

Posted , 5 users are following.

would appreciate some help,,,my tinnitus has got so bad,,,when I have migraine it is almost unbearable

1 like, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Hi Elaine I to suffer from tinnitus long term  I don't get migraines ,( don't think so ) but I suffer from perennial rhinitis ,real. Agony as yourself .What I have is Migraleve for rhinitis. Better than a paracetamol ,but what I do ,do is start my day off drinking water whole glass full,that's helped me heck of a lot ,I was told to do this by a Cranial osteopath some 9 years ago  and to make sure to get well hydrated,all through the day .Never know how both these conditions affect your day  unless ones a sufferer .
    • Posted

Thank you,,will try water as we speak,,,,can't take Migralieve,,,am over 60,, xx
    • Posted

Elaine Im 67 but I take Migraleve ,I've gone gluten free as from this week to see if it's that doing it .Going to stick to it for a 6 week period  ,then if that's not it Im going milk lactose free for 6 weeks  see if that's an issue as it maybe dairy .I drink 4/5 bottles of 50 mls of water every day .May improve the tinnitus Im hoping ,going gluten free .Look up those symptoms found that interesting .xxx
  • Posted

Hi Elaine

You don't say whether you are on any medication or how long you have had your symptoms.

I too have tinnitus as well as migraine and vertigo (migrainous vertigo). My tinnitus is constant and when I have a migraine it gets louder.  I've had the tinnitus for many many years and although it is incurable I've learnt to cope with it.  I'm currently on almotriptan and amitryptyline for the migraine.

If you haven't been to your GP I would suggest that you go and discuss the best treatment for you.

Best of luck.

• Posted

Thank u 4 reply....have had many years...today its unbearable....am not on medication...but will go...it is much much loader when i have migraine
    • Posted

Hi Veema,,,have only just found out,,,I've been taking Lamotrigine,,,have looked on Google,,,side effects are tinnitus,,,only went to Drs for migraines,,,am stop taking them as of now,,,was only on 50 mg,a day    
    • Posted

Hi Elaine

Now you have found this out I hope you begin to feel better.  Good luck.

• Posted

HI Elaine

Since I started taking Gabapentin for chronic back pains I've had persistent tinnitus in my right ear and fainter in my left ear. It's like a white noise? I've gotten used to it, although since reading that so many people have it I intend visiting my Dr to have a check up. I'm sorry yours is so aggravating, i hope you find some relief real soon.janeyjay

• Posted

Sorry to hear about your distress. I have heard that some migraines are cause by your body reacting against food dyes, additives and preservatives...as the other lady suggested drink lots and lots of water...I do cause ever since I got this affliction of tinitus and ent problems I get very thirty and about the food try to go very natural, lots of fruits and veggies try to avoid salt and things like soy sauce, and fermented sauces, chocolate and sodas are a big no, no. Once you feel a little better try accupunture for the migraines and may it also helps with tinitus...and patience I can agree with you it comes and goes..take care and I hope you feel better soon.
    • Posted

hi,,Have googled Lamotrigine,,have been on 50 mg a day,,,one of side effects are Tinnitus,,,so am stopping as of now,,,originally went Drs for headaches,,,but prefer headaches to what I'm experiencing now 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.