Tinnitus

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi there,

I posted before but my story came to the point that nothing 0really can be done anymore and maybe that will be helpful for sonebody.

It started 2 month ago.My ear got blocked so following nurse advice I put oil ear drops for few days .After 2 orr 3 days I started to hear that hissing in my ear.I went to the nurse to rinse my ear so wax would come out.

She said that she cant see wax but it look that maybe there is infection so I got antibiotic eardrops .That made no difference.After a week I got different antibiotic - no difference.

I went to GP and he reffered me to ENT clinic.

The doctor said thatvactually there is wax there and she hoovered it.

Then because eardrum was red a bit I got antibiotic eardrops for next 2 weeks.

After that eardrops my ear was like full again,and still hissing.

Then after 2 weeks I was told not to use any eardrops because maybe I do not react well to it.

After 2 days with NO eardrops my ear unblocked but hissing was still there and now in both ears.

Yesterday I had hearing test and it was ok except high sounds but probably because I have them in my ears all the time.

So my ears are ok and they cannot do anything more and I was reffered to noise theraphy.

I am a bit devastated as I heard that it takes a year to get used to that.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.