tinnitus

Posted , 3 users are following.

nearly 2 months ago i had a really bad cause of whiplash thats left me with tinnitus in both ears, its so loud and hypercusis is terrible, do you think it will go when my body heals itself gets over the shock ? i do notice if i bite down my tinnitus is worse and alot of crunching in my jaw, could the muscle be torn and pinching nerves? i went to ent and he said my ears are fine with no hearing loss, just alot of tinnitus, i cant mask it with anything because it makes it worse, any advice would be great

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi, sorry to say after that amount of time, from my experience its unlikely to go, I've had Tinnitus in both ears for 23 year's, I say both ears Tinnitus is really in the brain, many things can trigger Tinnitus, mine is noise induced, illness, injury, etc can all be a cause, I know exactly what you're going through, at the start of my T it was like a jet engine, then other different noises, over time you sort of habituate to it, you've basically have to try to ignore it, easier said than done I know, you can get sound machines, white noise machines, they might help but never did much for me, I hope yours goes, good luck

• Posted

what if neck is out of line and pinching nerves? mine seems skeletol so maybe tp and chiropractor might help. im so depressed, any noise makes the ringing worse, i have to have trt soon so maybe that will help. my audiologist says theres still a chance it can go once your neck heels but i dno, upsetting because i didnt cause this to me.how did u learn to ignore it? i hear it all the time
    • Posted

Hi, if the White Noise machines did nothing for you? What did? Are you fully habituated? Do you have problems sleeping? Do you live a normal life?
    • Posted

Hi, nothing really helps, I don't think there is any solution, it's all about mindset, I suppose I am fully habituated to it, but it's always there I just don't notice it until I listen for it, but sometimes it plays up and I can't seem to ignore it, but after 2 or 3 days its ok, well as good as it can be, Magnesium supplement is said to help, I take it for another reason, I don't think it does anything for the tinnitus, it's all about ignoring it, "what can't be cured must be endured " sort of thing, this sounds daft, but you haven't got to hate it, the more you hate it and focus on it the worse it seems, it's a mental thing.

• Posted

Hi, after a sometime your brain naturally ignores it, habituates, mine never goes, it just impacts less, its not the ears its the brain, my view on it is certain things can trigger it, noise, illness, injury, etc, and wants it's set in motion ie the tinnitus the trigger is irrelevant, the loud noise or the injury or the illness are all stopped or cured the tinnitus remains, I think certain people are predisposed, you just need a trigger.

• Posted

Hi, 

Thanks for your response.

Ambien seems to turn mine off for the night. Even if I don't fall asleep, it goes away.

Klonopin reduces it a great deal.

Any thoughts on that?

• Posted

Hi, finding something that may help is good, i've never really taken anything for the tinnitus, I do take a few things, medications, but they're for other health conditions, to be honest tinnitus is the least of my problems, I I'm not lessening how bad tinnitus is for people, but when you've had it 23 years and have other health problems, I suppose I'm used to it.

• Posted

mine is mostly when i move my fingers and its like little nerve sounds in my ear fluctuating. i do find stimulating the vagus nerve helps plus i think the tube in my ears are blocked, sound makes it all way worse and i do think its because my muscles are so tight even in my ear. imjust gonna do some nerve body based work and mindfulness se how that goes, ive overcome alot of medical crap and i will be damned if i let this be the thing that breaks me. i wish everyone good luck on their journey with this horrible symptom/condition and will let u no what works for me

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.