Tinnitus

Posted , 6 users are following.

I'm so depressed right now my ears are ringing like mad it's affecting me parenting I just wanna die My hearing is blocked iv tried poping my ears to clear them that anit working nothing is helping. Also not coping with tinnitus iv pushed my kids away they hate me it's all my fault

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Leanne

You sound in quite a bad way, unfortunately there is no actual cure for Tinnitus at present so it is something that we somehow have to learn to live with. I find that when it is really bad listening to calming/meditation music is of great help, especially at night. There are a number of things that you can purchase to help with Tinnitus just look up Tinnitus on google. You will find after some time that you can cope and even be able to not notice it on good days. Main thing although not easy is to stay calm as anxiety is really not going to help you. Just remember that there are thousands of sufferers like yourself out there.

I wish you all the best

Robin

• Posted

Leanne

When you're in the midst of it it feels like there's no way out, that it will control you, that you can't escape and that you want to die but trust me, that will change. The important thing is time and adjustment, eventually the brain learns to ignore this very annoying sound to such an extent you won't even hear it at times. It's hard to do this alone, do you have access to a good audiologist who can help? It's an organic process and it doesn't happen straight away. Actually mine took 2 years but it's having the knowledge that you will be fine in the end that's important. Distraction is key, the more you listen the louder it sounds.

I was where you are now and and as I type it doesn't bother me in the slightest.

• Posted

I'm really struggling with the deafness my hearing is fine when I did a hearing test so why won't my ears clear, how are all you other mummy coping with young kids

• Posted

I don't wanna leave the house I can just manage school run I don't wanna clean up the house is a mess no1 understands at all if spoke to my friends and family there like it's just a noise 😢 I wish I don't wake up 2moz

• Posted

Leanne....here are some recommendations:

1.  make appointment with an ENT doctor so they can analyze your condition

2.  ask the doctor for a sedative such as Ativan which is known to calm the inner ear and reduce tinnitus.  Doctor will likely prescribe a low dose of 0.5mg twice/day

3.  ask the ENT to recommend a good allergist to see if allergies are the cause of your hearing discomfort.  Allergies are often the cause of tinnitus and once the allergies are managed the tinnitus decreases and hearing returns.

4.  Ask the ENT about intratympanic steroid injections.  Often tinnitus and hearing problems are caused by inflammation withing the inner/middle ears.

5.  You need to be proactive and do these things quickly if possible.

• Posted

what i have learned these 10  months of ringing in my ears  are below.I'm only 37 years old.

1. Not sure when ringing really  started, but i started getting ringing in my ears when i run in to severe digestion issue. I did endoscopy and colonoscopy  with general anesthesia and also did ultra sound. So not sure it is due to anesthesia or due to my digestion symptoms as i got gallstones and non working gallbladder.

2.Ringing in the sound is severe if you are in a quite place , especially while sleeping. My ringing in my ears is severe when i feel tired and having severe digestion issues.

3. what i have learned from this 10 months of ringing in my ears, is to just move on with the life instead of concentrating the ringing, focus which makes you interested, so that you dont think about ringing in ears.

4. Keep a fan while you sleep ,so that fan sound masks the ringing.

5. The point is not to concentrate on ringing and isntead put your focus on some thing else when you are really interested, otherwise ringing makes you stressful and depressed.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.