Tinnitus after a vacation

Posted , 4 users are following.

I went on a vacation 3 weeks ago. I went to the alps to go skiing. When I sat in a ski elevator on the first day a loud peep started in my ears. It wasn't stopping and I was very irritated about it. I was thinking that it would stop if i went home but it hasn't stopped since. So my question is: is there a connection between heights and tinnitus and if yes how to cure it. And will it stop now I'm home for 1 1/2 week?

2 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

You most likely have eustacian tube dysfunction. If you go to the doctor you will most likely be perscribed prednisone or he will say wait it out. Your inner ear is most likely causing the problem because of a pressure imbalance.
    • Posted

Ok, but what do you mean with wait it out? Because when I'm on vacation it doesn't stop. But thanks for the tip about pressure imbalance, i think I'll see a doctor

• Posted

Do you feel your tinnitus ear plugged as well?

Eleftherios S. Papathanasiou, PhD, FEAN

Clinical Neurophysiologist,

Fellow of the European Academy of Neurology

• Posted

No not really. I use earplugs for when I'm sleeping for 3 years now. This is the first time I'm having tinnitus on vacation in te mountains .

• Posted

I would give it another week.  If it persists, you may have to investigate the probability that pressure changes may have caused some small ear injury.

• Posted

Yes, it should be cureable if it is.

• Posted

Did you ever get relief? My ear hasn't popped in almost a year. I've tried almost everything. 2 ER doctors, 2 ENTs, 3 Physicians, 1 Dentist say there's nothing wrong with me. Now I'm up at 4am looking at online forums because I can't take it any more.

• Posted

No I haven't, the tinnitus doesn't stop so I'm going to see an aurist

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.