Tinnitus, after taking medication ?

Posted , 7 users are following.

Has anyone ever suffered tinnitus after taking buscopan, bisoprolol, omeprazole or any medication ?

Cheers.

Andy.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

If tinnitus is a side effect it will be listed in the patient information leaflet.

Otherwise talk to your pharmacist or Dr.

• Posted

Hello Andy. 

I started tinnitus last year before taking my IBS medication. 

Am still going through this hissing noise in my ear never thought it’s a condition that can form from medication. 

I thought I lack something in my body. 

I Thank you, for you’ve guided me to what I’m suffering.

I’ve been on flagyl regarding IBS never knew I had IBS. 

Probably that’s what has triggered my tinnitus. 

Yes I’m suffering till today. 

• Posted

Hey Andy, As far as I know omeprazole can cause tinnitus, but it is hard to say what is causing it...One thing you can do to see weather it is due to medication or due to other reason is,

1. you can stop omeprazole for 3-4 days and see the difference, if your symptoms is improving...with that take care of your diet as you have stopped omeprazole if you are taking it because of reflux or hyperacidity.

2.if you don't improve then you can start omeprazole again and then stop buscopan for few days and observe that if your tinnitus improves or not...if not then you can again start the medication.

3.I won't suggest you to stop bisoprolol as it can cause rebound symptoms...so don't do anything with that...

4. If you don't improve with that then consult the doctor, he/she might prescribe some tests...

Mg+ has shown to be useful in tinnitus...so you can eat more Mg+ containing foods...With long term omeprazole therapy you may be deficient of vitamin b12, so you can also check for it's level.

• Posted

definitely i have been experiencing the same also i dont know which medicine but tinnitus attacked me during IBS medication

• Posted

I've experienced the same after IBS i have tinnitus, it's not the medication i take it started before i started medication.

i guess its the condition we have something starts lacking in our body that causes tinnitus.

i have started Revital vitamins just recently but i take it when i'm very down and not on regular basis but i have been taking cod lover oil for very long time.

i have changed my diet completely, all chilli free. i treat myself with Junk foods and in resturants occationally once a week, other thing that triggers me is pastries, i treat myself with it.

treat: i have something 1 from all listed above not everything once a week.

• Posted

I have checked for all vitamins but nothing lacking in the tests and I have had continuing tinnitus till now !

• Posted

I have tinnitus from ibset tablets(Ramosetron).

• Posted

Hey guest,

i had mild tinnitus previously and today after taking Buscopan for the first time, my tinnitus got so loud that it's distracting. which sucks because it solved my stomach pain so well.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.