Tinnitus and Clogged Ear

Posted , 3 users are following.

seven month ago i had ringing in my left ear and after had pressure in my hear with clogged ears, then started having fullness in the head,i went to doctor and did CT scan , MRI and all ear tests you can think about. doctor gave me medicine called (Tanganil 500 mg) i took it for one month the fullness was less but still had it from time to time. then he said that clogged ear and dizziness it may be allergy so i was given avamys which didn't do any effect,  then was given claratin which no good result was there.then i just ignored it, but after two month of ignoring its the same.any advice anyone?.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Rady. I've just read your letter and really sympathise with you. I've now had a whooshing sound in my left ear for about 3 months. A consultant sent me for an MRI scan. Am waiting for results. But what is worrying is that you still have your problem after trying all those things. Did the MRI scan reveal nothing? What are you doing about your ear now? Have doctors give up? Please let me know. Kathy

• Posted

thank you kathy. well the MRI didnt reveal anything. i am just ignoring it for two month now, my doctors are lost they dont know, they are just guessing. today going to a doctor will give you updtae.
  • Posted

I have this too and I get tintinus where it sounds like a lorry or something is in my ear or real high pitch beep or a whooshing sound iv had it for 4 years now haven't had any tests I have fullness in my head and ear it causes vertigo and hear beat goes really fast I think it's from panic the heartbeat .

I did find if you quickly put your finger in your ear it goes straight away well mine does other then that if you find anything can you let me know xx

• Posted

Update:

i have talked to the doctor today and he said that after all this medication, most probably its not an ear problem, but the muscle of the ear or neck. so he asked me to take advil 2 times in the morning and 2 in the evening, and do everyday 2 times of massage with hot cloth on the ear and neck muscle.

this is a different thing now but will try, wish me luck.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.