Tinnitus and sleeping problem

Posted , 2 users are following.

I have tinnitus. It waked me up 4,5 times at night. This goes on for a week and now I stay up all night. My brain just doesn't want to go to sleep anymore even with sleeping pills.i'm very tired but my brain seems to forget how to sleep. i'm afraid I never sleep again.

Anyone with the same problem? How do you cope with it. How to you get back to sleep.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

I had exactly the same problem a few years ago. I thought I would never sleep again and I was really panicking. I can't tell you a quick way to get rid of the problem but I can tell you that it will eventually sort itself out. I know it is frightening but try not to let it frighten you. There is nothing really to be scared of. If you don't get much sleep you will feel tired but it won't do you any harm. There are thousands of people who have had the same problem and they have been OK in the end. I have still got tinnitus but I don't even notice it at night any more.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.