Tinnitus from Doxycyclene or loud concert?

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi All,

I have just recently started suffering with tinnitus, quite mild but the ringing is to the point that it is effecting me esepcially on a night and sleeping, generally don't have issues falling asleep but wake up for toilet or whatever and struggle to get to sleep, so really is starting to effect me.

not i have been on a course of doxycyclene for 3 months for some ongoing skin problems, now i have literally over the last few day finished that course and am waiting to go back to see the dermo that put me on then.

anyway on new years even (now 11 days past) we were at a very loud gig also and i came out and really noticed my ears ringing and it they haven't really been right since but not to the extent they are now it seems to subside then come back over last few days, im trying to work out would the tinnitus be medication caused and if so now i completed the course will this subside, or if it is from the concert would it have cleared by now, i know from previous nights out when i was younger a day or two and it was gone.

I have read on some forums that doxycycline has given people tinnitus and ear problems before, however it seems from what i read this happens pretty quickly withing the first couple of weeks, i find it strange if it is medication induced how its only just come on over the last few days of a 3 month course. im after some general advice of peoples previous experiences with tinnitus from antibiotics and it dissipating (or not). i have never suffered with bad ears nor ear infection damage etc, not into loud music, only wore my mp3 player at the gym but not to stupid loud levels and not overly regurlary, im really thinking this has to be more medication caused.

thanks, Marc

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.