Tinnitus from last 7 months

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi,

I am having tinnitus from last 7 months post my accident. Initially I was unable to take sound sleep, cannot focus on my work or communication too. Fortunately I got my hearing senses but this whistling sound is wrecking.

Doctor says there is no medication for this other than ignorance. So I have learned to live with it keeping myself busy in something.

Please help me out if you have any trick to deal with it.

1 like, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

When it gets too loud, I use an app on my phone called White Noise, it has different sounds I use, sometimes, beach waves, camp fire etc. Lately, the one that has been working for me is violet noise.  I fall asleep with this app too. I added this Cell Phone Holder Lazy Bed Desktop Bracket Mount Stand to my backrest and play white noise all night. 

I also bought LG Tone Active+ Stereo Bluetooth Headset that I link to my phone and play music out of them, as they, besides have earbuds, also have external speakers. Those help me a lot. I just rest them around my neck and play sounds.

When I first got it, they prescribed me 0.5 mg of Clonazepam. I was told it didn't reduce the noise, only how you react to it. Not sure if that is true because most time after I take it, the noise goes down dramatically, almost disappears some days. Each day is different.

• Posted

Thank you, I will try this application. I play some soft music to reduce the noise.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.