TINNITUS HAS FOUND ME

Posted , 4 users are following.

HI one an all, a couple of weeks ago, i woke up heard this really high pitched continuous sound in my right ear, did not stop after a few days so i went to see a GP at my practice, not my own as my own GP was not in that day. The GP i saw checked both ears they were both clean. I explained to him the sound i was hearing and that i was feeling a little Dizzy at times, so he gave me 84 BETAHISTINE DIHYDROCHLORIDE 8MG. Pills.  The Doc thinks that i may have an Inner Ear Infection. I went and had an Ear test, well if you could call it that, at my Practice,  a set of earphones and an old piece of equipment, and the Nurse told me to tap on my leg when i heard a sound.  I have never had this in my life, Still have the very exceedingly high pitched never ending sound in my right ear. I am old to this forum and i had back and hip surgery  a while ago, i found  so many on here so helpul. Being Disabled i put up with alot with my body whcih is bad but i deal with it in my own way.  The only time i do not hear the hight pitched sound  it is in the shower, which is lovely, as soon as i turn the water off it is back, i know that it is still going on whilst i am in the shower but i do not hear it. I am seeing my GP next week, and i think she may send me for an MRI scan, as sometimes my right arm Jerks. I had a chest infection but not a cold for 3 months i was on one lot of Antibiotics, but i very much doubt wheter this has anythign to do with it. I have Arthritis in my neck, too.  i have had it for a few months. I really do not know i am at a loss, i know what it is. I know that i have to go to an Audioligist to have a test done, i know my GP will do everything that is possible for me.  I really feel for you guys, thinking of you all x

1 like, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I have had tinnitus for 2 months now, a non-stop high pitch13k freq sound in both my ears (well slightly less in the right). 

Very depressing. All started from a head cold with ETD on my left side.

Feeling better now and ready to exercise again but the tinnitus is still there. 

Will it be there forever? I don't know. And my attitude is I don't have time to wait and find out. I have a life to live.

The key for me is exactly that - live your life. Keep busy. Do whatever you can do to not think about it. 

I appreciate you may not be so mobile. So maybe try and think of things to do mentally that keep you engaged, albeit with white noise around if you.

A lot of people focus on a 'cure' for their tinnitus. I guess I'm more in the 'habituation' camp - try to focus on anything BUT the tinnitus. With each passing day if you can do that for one more minute than the day before, then before you know it, you no longer fear the tinnitus, you no longer care.

I know everyone is different, and I know every tinnitus is different but this is my experience and I hope, however you choose to deal with your tinnitus, you manage to find some peace.

Best of luck!

• Posted

My tinnitus started 2 months ago after a viral flu.   I still have fluid in my ears so guess hoping maybe it will go away.  Waiting on an ENT appointment.  may take  few months to see one. I long for silence.  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.