Tinnitus is driving me nuts!

Posted , 3 users are following.

****l have had tinnitus for years but since feb after having a vertigo attack and sickness its been overbearing. my mri has come back clear where do l go from here? i feel dizzy constantly! outdoors helps a bit but thats it!

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

have you been seen by an ENT doctor? If so what diagnosis was given?

Do you have allergies? If so, how are you managing it?

• Posted

l had an mri but it came back clear so back to the drawing board l dont have allergies but l do have a lot if mucus

• Posted

heavy mucus is often caused by some type of rhinitis....either allergic or non allergic. My suggestion is that you try to better manage your rhinitis and see if that helps your tinnitus. Here is my recommendation:

1. start using a nasal/sinus flush. You can get this over the counter. If you need a brand name let me know. Use this twice/day with distilled water (must be distilled which most supermarkets carry).
      2. AFTER the sinus flush use a nasal spray antihistamine....either prescription strength or over the counter. Do NOT use a pill/capsule....only nasal spray.
      3. It may take a few weeks before you will notice improvement in your mucus level. Once that is managed I think you will have less tinnitus. Give it a try and then let me know how you are doing.
  • Posted

Won't help your tinnitus but for vertigo and dizziness you may want to try Bonine with active ingredient meclizine - helps me on cruises as I get quite seasick.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.