Tinnitus Long Term.

Posted , 5 users are following.

I dont know how rare my case might be but I have had Tinnitus since I was a kid, In fact I have had it for about 45 years. Obviously there are times when its hard to cope and In the past I have spoke to many doctors. I have also had therapy for this Tinnitus that helped very little. In my case its more of an hissing sound that can be accompanied by dizziness pressure in my head and sometimes headache.

most doctors have denied me my explanation as to how my Tinnitus came about. Only one doctor who has some knowledge on the matter said I might have suffered brain damage as a child. I do have other symptoms as well.

When I was young I would Play with butane gas but did nor understand the dangers at that time. On one of these occasions I swallowed/breathed in what must be quite a lot in frozen form and felt like I almost died.  In fact the reaction from most doctors to my story varies from it cannot have happened like that to Im holding onto something that did not happen at all? 

The Tinnitus I have even been told is a separate thing from from the butane incident. Sorry to push the point but I know where and when my Tinnitus started. Thanks for reading.

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Barbara Streisand had had it since she was 9. Look her interview up on YouTube.
    • Posted

Thanks dymaz for your reply. What I meant by rare is how it was caused and the reaction I seem to get from doctors etc. Tinnitus its self seems to be quite common, I never knew Barbara Streisand had it though.
  • Posted

Wow something to think about. I am 60 and my tinnitus started two and a half years ago. But I remember as a child running behind the DDT trucks when they would spray the spray for mosquitoes and it would make that fog and I remember as a kid running behind it and tell my mom yelled out the door stop and so I wonder if there could possibly be some type of a link between what our bodies dealt with in those days and today interesting fact
  • Posted

I was admitted to hospital when this happened 45 or so years ago and  have had Tinnitus ever since.
  • Posted

my tinnitus started after having severe stomach bloating , i think especially after doing colonoscopy and endoscopy under general anesthesia. 
    • Posted

Strange coincidence but I recently had Bowel scope screening and my Tinnitus was also more apparent than usual. I hope you get better with time and thanks for your reply.
    • Posted

unfortunately it is going to be one year  if this august comes. Still suffering with tinnitus ,seems its going to be life long sad

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.