Tinnitus on antidepressant

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi, I have been on Venlafaxine for 11 weeks now and since the beginning I have had a slight bizzing noise in my head/ears. I thought it was a side effect that goes away with time but it's the only one that has left. I have never had it on any other antidepressants and I have had a few meds changed in a few months. I don't know what to do?! My doctor says to persevere but the buzzing is constant and it's very annoying when it's quiet or night time. The doc said have a quiet music in the background when I go to bed but I always preferred to sleep when it's quiet so tinnitus plus noise in the background are going to drive me nuts!!! I don't know what to do????

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

I developed tinnitus from medication, check the patient leaflet you get with your meds to see if it is listed on there. I would also check with your doctor to make sure its irreversable once you come off them.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.