Tinnitus on Venlafaxine

Posted , 4 users are following.

Has anyone developed tinnitus on Venlafaxine? It's the only one side effect that hasn't gone yet. It feels like a slight constant buzzing in my head and it's not bothering me during the day until it's very quiet. The worst is night time when I want to get some sleep. I have never had it on any other antidepressant. I spoke to my doc about it and was told to persevere and maybe try to have a calming quiet music in the background but I am a person that prefers to have a quiet background for sleep and would hate to have any music or sound in the background to be honest. I am not sure what to do really? what a nightmare! I am still waiting for the full effect of Venlafaxine.I have been on it for 11 weeks. I also started Sertraline 1. week ago and have hopes that maybe it will counteract this bloody buzzing! Any experiences?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

I do have tinnitus, but it didn't start until at least 5 years after Venlafaxine. Now whether a 5 -year lapse is viable I have no idea.

Philip

• Posted

Is it all the time or comes and goes? Does it not disturb your sleep?

• Posted

Yes! I got it at a low level after a few weeks and it comes and goes. It gets worse when withdrawing or for a few days if I changed brands.

• Posted

Mine is constant.... and if not that I think I would feel much better.... do you think it can improve?

• Posted

Ala1483 I have had Tinnitus for 7 years before going on Venlafaxine. So I don't know that it causes Tinnitus or not

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.