Tinnitus screaming in my brain post deafness from meningitis

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have been living for the past 12 years with screaming in my brain after contracting bacterial meningitis. I l

Went deaf and came out of a coma with this intense brain screaming. Has anyone ever experienced this

1 like, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Have your physicians explained to you why you have these symptoms?  Have they made any attempt to stop the sound?

Eleftherios S. Papathanasiou, PhD, FEAN

Clinical Neurophysiologist

Fellow of the European Academy of Neurology

• Posted

Theresa ,I can sympathise with you  ,12 yrs ago this December 10th I came down with a bad head virus , lost so much weight due to it , cranial osteopath said infection in menengies which had drained down into the brain . Meningitis , Epstein Barr ? I was so poorly . Virus was going around my area . I to was left with Tinnitus and chronic Sinisitus / Rhinitis . Mine is screaming hissing all over the head 24/7 . There's no cure for tinnitus sad to say . Perfect health until virus came along . I do understand all of what you've written ,the pain was so bad ( not a headache sufferer period ) I just take it a day at a time since ,always fearful of getting same virus again . 7 years ago I went on and developed Mdds balance problem  like Im on a boat. Best join Forums with other sufferers . Wished I was on Internet when I first became ill . Not a cure ,but knowing others out there in same situation with helpful coping tips they've found . X 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.