Tinnitus with prostate medication anyone.

Posted , 14 users are following.

Hi. I just wondered if anyone has suddenly got tinnitus when they have started prostate medication. I seem to have developed it since being on Finesteride and Doxozasin?

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I'm on Finasteride (have been for 9 months) and this hasn't happened to me.

• Posted

I have tinnitus for about 5/6 years, but never put that together with alpha blockers. But that is about the time I started taking Flomax/Rapaflo, then Hytrin. 

Have you seen anything that shows a correlation? 

I have been off all that stuff for a few months and it hasn’t gone away...

• Posted

Hi yes I got it 9 months into Finesteride. Not surprised, along with all the other problems that stuff has inflicted me with! Probably read the instructions in the not so distant future saying it can cause tinnitus. I jest thee not!
  • Posted

I have been on Doxozosin for 5 or 6 years and have had tinnnitus for longer than that.  Did not notice any worsening after starting on the alpha-blocker.  Went to an Alison Krauss concert last night (fabulous) and although the volume was very tolerable, my wife and I both noticed the ringing seems worse than usual when we got home.
    • Posted

Lee fantastic Alison krauss. Lucky you. When I was young it was led Zeppelin at 10 feet!
    • Posted

Lee do you take Doxozasin for your blood pressure and if it's only for prostate do you take any other tablets? How do you feel ?

• Posted

When we go to a concert we Wear ear plugs. My hearing isn't good I'm trying to keep what I have. Saw Judas Priest a couple of weeks ago. Going to Alice Copper in October.

• Posted

Yes I get it occasionally with Tamsulosin ( Flomax ). Known side effect. So fed up with all of the side effects, now seriously considering Rezum.
    • Posted

ringing in the ears is not a known side effect of the drug, tamsulosin.

• Posted

Yes - I got that too shortly after starting Proscar, I had been on alpha blockers for several years before that and never had any ringing in my right ear mostly until finasteride.
  • Posted

I have had tinnitus for about 7 years prior to starting Flomax.  Flomax made it worse, so I did the research, which suggested that alfuzosin wouldn't exacerbate the condition.  Had my uro switch me to alfuzosin and the tinnitus seems no worse than before taking alpha blockers. With regards to LUTS, alfuzosin works better for me than Flomax.

• Posted

Hi Graham, I got a ringing in my ears with bph around the same time I started using natural supplements in an unsuccessful effort to shrink my prostate, I still have it today and it is getting louder I hate it although there is a possibility it may be from a damaged c4 neck issue as google lists several symptoms all of which I have which are from c4 damage which in turn supposedly put pressure on the spinal nerves which cause all the side affect symptoms.I have yet to research the subject.
  • Posted

I also suspect so, I started to take Duodart capsule about 4 months ago, on one night last week my both ears/head suddenly heard the constant si....si sound and I supposed it was tinnitus. It is still with me since then. Before I took the Duodart capsule, I did not have tinnitus. I am going to consult my doctor.

• Posted

Hi,

I've been on Flomax (tamsulosin) for about 3 weeks and since about day 2 I had a clicking in my right ear that keeps time with my pulse. It comes and goes with no real pattern. My blood pressure is fine.

Tinnitus is not listed as a possible side affect with the sheet that came with my tablets, so it could just be a coincidence.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.