tiny cyst with symptoms ?

Posted , 4 users are following.

did or does anyone else have a tiny cyst that causes symptoms ?

last time i had a scan my tiny cyst measured somewhere around 1 cm. i keep getting constant little minor cramping where my ovary is with that tiny cyst and leg aching on that side as well.

thanks folks !

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hello!

Although my cysts are larger than yours around 3-4 cm each, I was told they shouldn't give symptoms at this size. They are still considered small. But guess what! My life is hell because of them. Especially the one on the right side. I have cramps, dull ache, sometimes feeling like pins and needles, numbnes and leg aching on that side... Not to mention pretty bad bowel problems and many other nasty symptoms, like back and shoulder pain and whatnot.

So what I learned from thie experience is that yes, small cysts CAN give pretty nasty symptoms, although they "shouldn't".

Anyway, I think you should monitor that cyst and if it grows in size a lot or if it's starting to give bad symptoms, you should remove it. I will wait for another menstrual cycle and if mine doesn't go away or the symptoms aren't reduced at least partially, I will ask for surgery, because it's becoming unbearable...

I hope I managed to be of some help to you. All the best!

Rommie

• Posted

Hi Rommie !

Thanks so much for your reply.

They consider that small O_o? I actually had those same exact symptoms with my large cyst which was about 7cm both in width and height.

Have you spoke to your gyn/doctor about possibly doing surgery yet (make sure your GYN is knowledgeable in that topic) ?

I hope you feel better soon hun !

• Posted

Well, I just had a CT scan which showed a Corpus Luteum on one ovary and a 2.3cm “hypodense structure” ( likely a cyst) on the other. 

I feel like total crap! Very nauseous... 

So I suppose smaller cysts so cause symptoms. 

I’m just worried about the term”hypodense structure “ 

That scares me a bit! 

I’m having a TVU on Tuesday so let’s see.. 

hope you feel better soon smile

• Posted

Hey owl555 !

Thanks for your reply ! I have the constant nausea and little twinges all over my lower abdomen.

How did your TVU turn out ?

From what I gather, Hypodense in simple terms means less dense than normal (such as abnormality from the surrounding tissue but they don't know for sure what it is).

Feel better too hun !

Feel better soon hun !

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.