Tiny puncture wounds - cause?

Posted , 4 users are following.

My daughter was compaining of something itchy on her back which hurt when she scratches it. I had a look and she has two tiny puncture wounds on her back about 1 cm apart (see photo) There is no swelling, just these two tiny dots which are really irritating her. What could be the cause?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

No picture Suki?  without a photo I am guessing it is an insect bite.  Possibly trapped inside her top so bit her twice. If she is well and has no fever and the marks dont develop into a rash, it will probably resolve in a few days.  If she becomes unwell she should see a doctor.   
  • Posted

Hi Suki girl,

I agree that they are probably insect bites ants,ect...

Here in Austin Texas we have fire ants and they can really sting you. I would just watch out around your place and loo for any ants or other insects that may have come in.

Good Luck,

txdap

• Posted

If the itch and redness is not going away Monday, call the doctor and get her in...better to be safe than sorry.  If she has breathing difficulties in the meantime take her to the emergency room or urgent care.  Who knows?  Spider bite, bedbug, ant, poke from down feathers.  Whatever it is is causing an allergic reaction.  Ice and cool compress to help relieve the itch.  Antihistamines (Benadryl pill) might help.  Hope she feels better soon.  Good luck. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.