tiny red and blue dots on ultrasound

Posted , 3 users are following.

I had an ultrasound done yesterday as my antibodies are extremely high for the past 6+ months. I had a hard time watching the screen, but at one point, I saw dozens of tiny red and blue dots on the screen. They were about the size of a pen dot, small and scattered, but not in a huge area. More like in the center of the screen. I was told that the red and blue represented blood flow, but what does it mean? They were quite small dots. Any ideas?

Thanks

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

On your thyroid?  I believe that the only parts of the thyroid that show well on a scan are the inflamed parts.  My whole thyroid showed easily, giving a definite diagnosis of Graves Disease.  So I am guessing that only part of your thyroid is inflamed and don't know enough about it to be able to say why.

• Posted

Thanks. I do know I have Hashimoto's as my antibodies are over 1000 and lab says under40.  I also know she was measuring things but not sure what. 

• Posted

I've believe it's blood flow. Blue and red and flow either towards the probe ir away from the probe. I think it must be an ultrasound using a dopler.

it measures blood flow.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.