Tiny spots 1 day after sex?

Posted , 4 users are following.

hello, ive noticed these tiny little spots on the edge of my foreskin after having sex with someone the previous night, i do remember some friction burning but didnt think nothing of it at the time

they dont itch or sting or anything

are these fordyce spots? imageimage

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

those are herpes blisters sadly mate, they will pop and scab over.

• Posted

its strange as i was tested before lockdown and had negative test for herpes?

• Posted

EDIT tested negative for herpes 2 months ago and not slept with anyone else since

• Edited

Dear ross,

As marc says, it could be herpes.

IF it is herpes, it will continue to evolve in the coming days from blisters (now) to pustules, then ulcers and then heal. So I suggest you avoid sex for now and monitor the situation.

If you live in the UK, sexual health/GU/STD clinics still offer emergency appointments, but you may have to ring in advance. Mention that you are worried you may have herpes and they will probably see you on the same day.

Interesting you mention that you were previously checked for herpes, but tested negative. Was it a swab or blood test; and was the query herpes in the same area of skin as the current problem?

Rgds,

Adhari

• Posted

Hi,

thanks for your reply ,

Yes i had similar problem a few months ago, around the same area but it was a swab test and came back all clear , the doctor even said it doesnt look like herpes

its just strange how this is the first time i have had sex since then and it has happened the day after

• Posted

Herpes, when it recurs, tends to recur in the same area- that's why I asked. Also, herpes outbreaks can sometimes be triggered by excessive local friction/rubbing as happens with sex.

Just to be clear:

A positive herpes DNA test confirms presence of active infection.

A negative herpes DNA test only rules out active infection; it doesn't mean you don't have herpes.

I still suspect you have herpes; it's just that the DNA test didn't pick it up 4 months ago for whatever reason. Try, if possible to get re-tested.

Adhari

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.