Tiny white spot on side of tongue after tooth extraction

Posted , 2 users are following.

So just over a week ago I had a really difficult tooth extraction, upper molar.

That is healing fine and had no problems. However on Sunday just gone (17th) I noticed a tiny white spot on the side of my tongue right at the back, it only hurts a little when I fiddle with it and it appears to be hanging on by a thread as it moves around a fair bit when I poke at it. I am a massive worrier at the best of times and have been under huge amounts of stress so far this year, having had a chest infection, sinus infection , car accident and a tooth extraction. Any advice on what it may be would be a great relief .

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

This generally happens from acidic things you eat, or from chewing issues. The tongue heals as muscles do. The relief for you is time and careful chewing.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.