Tip of Bartholin Cyst is red.

Posted , 4 users are following.

The cyst is small and it mostly doesn't hurt as long as I don't touch it. The tip is red but its blood because when I tried squeezing it, blood came out. Should I worry about this? Well this get infected? I have been pressing warm clothes onto it and took a sitz bath earlier today. The size has considerably shrank when I squeezed it the first time.

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I think you need to keep doing what your doing especially with the sitz bath.  I put some lavender or tea tree oil in there too.  Once out of the bath I put tea tree oil (there is also a gel which I find better especially for this circ) and put on the cyst and on a panty liner. It will eventually burst or reduce.  Do try also the silica tablets.  I have not had another since I started taking them.  I hope this helps.
    • Posted

I am not sure where you can purchase the tea tree oil as I am based in the uk. You can usually get them in phsrmacies or health food shops, alternatively try online.
  • Posted

B-cysts can appear in various places in your labia, but they do not present "a tip". 

One time when I was using a crummy razor, I got a really nasty cyst on my cash-and-prizes and I went to go see the doc and it turned out that it was a really awful ingrown hair!!! A whole bunch of nasty puss and everything shot out when it finally burst - sooo gross - but a B-cyst is something that is not at the surface of your labia. 

However, like any cyst, the treatment is the same - hot compresses, baths, sitz baths - all of those things will totally treat what you have going on, either way. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.