Tip to keep glands healthy and unclogged + another tip

Posted , 2 users are following.

If you have been through a bartholin: Incision&drainage/lancing/ward cathether/marsupilization/lancing your self/bartholin random burst - any of these and

want to keep your glands healthy and unclogged, please take 5 minutes of your time doing this...it will keep the glands unclogged and secreting of normal fluid that they should be doing naturally and you will avoid future cysts and following of abscesses:

Sit on the toilet like you're peeing and spread your legs on the toilet a little.

take your index & middle finger on both hands and MASSAGE the EXTERNAL area of your 

labia in circular motions SLIGHTLY pressing down for a few minutes, if you didn't get it, it's the area where the glands are, you can practically feel them, it's near your perineum skin, just on the edge where your bum starts. You will feel the normal natural clear fluid coming out following this just a TINY bit, as it should. THIS WILL MAKE SURE THE GLANDS STAY UNCLOGGED AND FUNCTIONING NORMALLY, YOU SHOULD NOT BE DEALING WITH FUTURE CYSTS BURSTS AND WHAT NOT.

Please don't do this internally, the whole idea is not to touch the skin and ducts inside since the place and your fingers are crawling with bacteria, no matter how much you wash them, this method uses your OWN skin to massage the place to secrete the fluid.

When you WIPE internally, please don't use Toilet Paper as it's very coarse and harsh on the vaginal skin and the tiny flakes may contribute to the unclogging of the ducts, even in healthy glands that you don't have problems with.

Try using baby wipes but preferably with no chemicals in it, or some gauze that doesn't flake. You will SEE the place is wetter after this as it should be.

Another Tip - please don't do marsup operation, i have read all the posts in this forum, including my own experience and the operation is worthless since the skin always heals very well down there and the unclogging reoccurs, all the suffering is for nothing.

A ward catheter is by far a better choice and also does not require you to be put UNDER general anaesthesia which carries it's own risks AND it saved me 5 years of being cyst free.

Please ladies, take care of your glands, they need massaging daily.

Good luck.......I hope we stop suffering from this. 

2 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

For whomever wants to know, the sitting on the toilet position is better than other positions (such as lying down), it stretches your whole vagina in a way that allows you a better feel and closeness of the glands from the outside.

• Posted

THAnks for the tip. I had a surgery and they took the gland out but 2 days ago I have started swelling. I would hated to go through surgery again.
    • Posted

Depending how much time has passed, swelling is normal after an operation and takes a long time to heal, even after a bartholin abscess burst, so let alone excision.

You need to make sure that if enough time passed that the surgeon has not left any gland+duct pieces inside, since they don't always manage to remove 100% of it and it's critical for recurrence. 

Also, make sure that if enough time HAS passed, the place did not get infected while healing, that can also happen. Wash the place GENTLY using only water and there is also a special liquid anti-septic soap for after operation you can wash with. Final tip - wash your bum and vagina every time after No. 2 and never wipe the from front to back... If there IS infection, try antibiotics.

IF it's healed and you can massage your glands like i wrote - do it!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.