Tip to stop itch and redness

Posted , 3 users are following.

hi everyone

i suffer with lichen sclerosis, I use to have the most unbearable itch and redness in the vulva area. The itch has finally stopped and redness has dramatically reduced. This was achieved by not eating yeast and reducing my sugar to a minimal amount. Yeast is added to so many processed products. Including most bakery breads, crumpets, pitta, flat breads etc, ketchup, mayonnaise, stock cubes, ready made meals. You litterally have to check every product you buy, the first shop doing this takes ages, you’ll be flabbergasted how many of your favourite products contain this. 

I also take every day a probiotic capsual, prebiotic powders, aloe Vera juice and a very good multivitamin. I eat at least one portion of Greek yogurt a day and if I’m craving sugar I have an extra portion of yogurt with fruit.

i noticed a huge difference over about 6 weeks till the itch had totally stopped. I was eventually prescribed steroid cream for the other symptoms of lichen sclerosis.

hope this is useful to somebody 😃

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Thank you so much for the information.  I have suffered for over 2 years from the itching.  I did the ANTI CANDIDA diet which prohibits sugar and yeast.  I did it for 3 months and had no relief!!  Needless to say, I feel quite hopeless 😩 

• Posted

Thank you Ay vee for your reply, have you been tested for Candida? I’m no expert, but I would say you need to follow the diet for 6-12months, especially if you have taken antibiotics or on the contraception pill. You didn’t say if you were taking probiotics?

sorry to hear you have suffered for 2years 😢

• Posted

Thank you so much for the information. I did that diet for a LONG TIME but it didn’t work!!  Itching as bad as ever 😢

• Posted

Thank you!!  I have done the ANTI  CANDIDA diet for a long time! No sugar, yeast etc. sadly it doesn’t work for me. I am BEYOND FRUSTRATED!!

• Posted

Hi 101reebok, so glad to hear this helped you!  I had a similar problem myself, I've recently been diagnosed as having Multiple Autoimmune Syndrome, but about ten years ago I got the horrible redness, itching and pain of the vulval area.  After trying everything I could think of and going to multiple doctors with no success, I accidentally discovered that mine was diet-related.  I tried an exclusion diet for a week after having grastroenteritis, and found that my problems disappeared unless I ate vegetables or fruit from the solanacea family.  They are potatoes, tomatoes, chilli, capsicum, tobacco, eggplant, and goji berries.  It turns out that I'm particularly sensitive to the chemicals these plants contain that generally are used to deter insects.  Once I cut them out of my diet completely, all my symptoms cleared completely.  They still recur if I accidentally eat anything that have solanacea additives - it's very difficult to find baked beans, for instance,without tomato sauce!  I have to make my own, and I use plum sauce instead.  It's very nice.  Like you, I also take probiotics, as a serve of yoghurt every day for lunch with fruit, whatever is in season, although I do have to be careful of pears, apparently they have a small amount of naturally-occuring solacea. 

You're the fourth person I've heard about who has found complete relief from formerly-incurable vulvodynia using diet.  The others were friends of mine who had the same problem and I was able to help them with my experiences.  

Minamii 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.