tips about what cushys might find re herbal teas etc

Posted , 3 users are following.

Having felt much better about 2 weeks ago I started feeling pretty awful.  Ittitated bladder, headaches, dizzy and generally rubbish.  My hbby and I tried to work out what on earth it could be and he realsied that the time scale of the symptoms coincided with me starting to drink Hibiscus tea.  Having looked it up on the internet I now understand that I should not be drinking this tea with my medications and especially not if I have low blood pressure.  Apparently we should always ask our G.P. or Endo before taking any forms of herbal tea!  Now they tellme.  Anyway just thought I would pass it on.  Do let us know if the same thing or something else we might need to know happened to you.  Take care.

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Vicky,do you know what medication it interacted with specifically?Gill
  • Posted

Yep. My endo got me to stop all over the counter suppliments, no herbal remedies including tea's, even moisturising creams. I think the main reason was to see if anything i was using could possibly be increasing my cortisol levels. It didnt make any difference.

My Endo did however start me on vitamin D3 suppliments and they are making a great improvement. I'm stronger, my mood is more positive. I just hope my cortisol levels have finally dropped when i see them on the 13th oct smile

• Posted

Hi Deb, Well done to your Endo.  I haven't heard of Vit D3 but so glad it is making you feel a bit better.  Good luck on 13th, let us know how you get on if you can.
    • Posted

Just remembered my calcium tablets I'm prescribed,contain Vitamin D3.I've just looked up what D3 is for,and it reminded me that it's with the calcium.
    • Posted

I remember now that I was on Adcal for the calcium etc but didnt take it as it was just another tablet to get down!  Thanks for reminding me both of you!  I will ask my Endo when I see her.  I love this site so good to be able to compare notes.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.