Tips anyone?

Posted , 8 users are following.

For real... this not sleeping thing is taking a toll on me. I wake up at 4am with my stomach turning and my chest burning and I end up being wide awake. I am going to my doctors Thursday to see what he suggests. I don't need an increase... I have no major anxiety and haven't had a panic attack since. Anyone know anything I can do to stay asleep? To take away from my stomach pain and my racing mind. I know there is help for anything, but I can't get so much sleep between now and Thursday and face school.

0 likes, 37 replies

37 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Don't need an increase*

• Posted

Hi kayleigh. I also have the churning stomach between 3am and 4 am. I get up and walk around and have found that nibbling on a ginger biscuit helps. Not good for the diet but if it helps so what. I take my pill at around 6pm. Thought about changing tge time but decided that i might have the churning tummy during the day and think i would rather have it in the night. I wonder why i agreed to go on it. Maybe the anxiety an panic would have gone on their own. Lesley
  • Posted

If you find the answer, please please let me know. I am having the same insomnia problem except the burning chest feeling and intense anxiety have stopped so that's something. There must be something we can take to help. I've already discussed with my GP about starting a small dose of amitriptyline ( this should help my bad back also). I've dithered about it but if it helps my sleep I'll at least give it a go !

• Posted

My mom even said acid reflux can wake you from your sleep... hense the churning stomach. But there is nothing more nerve wrecking then no sleep.
  • Posted

Just out of interest you say you are not getting any major anxiety. Is the burning chest and racing mind an anxiety symptom for you ?

I get tension headaches and brain fog. Do you and have these improved on cit ?

• Posted

I never considered an upset stomach anxiety, I know it is... but I never got them often and they are usually tolerable (just not when I want to sleep and I am prone to acid reflux). I have brain fog today, because I am having a lazy, not moving day (plus I am on my period), but I haven't had one headache since starting Cit.

• Posted

when i started cita 10mg a bit over a month ago, i noticed the stomach growling and decline in appetite, to the point that i had to jot down when to eat because i knew my body needed nourishment - in addition, when i went to the doctor i had intense lower back pain and my sciattica was out of control (i sit all day for work) my blood pressure was high, too. i went online and wrote down all the foods that would lower my blood pressure - i bought them all and i ate them all, even though i didn't like them all - i took advantage of my lessened appetite to eat better, cut out ALL salt, sugar and caffeing (the withdrawals gave me the most intense headaches i've ever experienced) but as soon as i had the slightest hint, i started working out - at first, all i could do was 5 minutes on the elliptical. try walking, anything you can do that you can handle. other things that helped me: visualization (thinking of something that really brings you joy), essential oils - lavender to relax and peppermint to keep the headaches at bay - i swear by them - i place a couple of drops on a tissue and keep it near me. talk to your doctor, but, i have to say exercise has helped me tremendously - exercise brings on endorphins - and you want those! i've lost 10 lbs, my blood pressure is normal again and as far as my back, i realized i needed a better chair (duh). good luck! and don't give up! :-) i'm staying in cita 10mg for as long as i feel i need it to help me keep on the right track.

• Posted

It does get better, I just started taking it almost 8 weeks ago so it didn't effect school (started college in September) and I had a severe panic attack. I don't get them often, but when I do it takes a week to get past it. Anyway, I have no anxiety to the point where I fear doing anything, just this stomach issue. Thank you for your tips! I can't wait for the snow to fall for snowshoeing season!! Exercise is definitely on my agenda!

• Posted

snowshoeing - awesome! but, try to start moving as soon as you can - you can start walking briskly, running in place in your own house, music was key for me, but i listened to lively music i liked (i hate those "workout playlists"wink i listen to lively raggae, talking heads, even funny podcasts - and while you do, try visualizing yourself snowshoeing! smile! it was helpful to me stay in the NOW - rather than plan for some more complex exercise later on.

• Posted

Any insomnia? That is my only real issue now. I sleep 4 hours tops and wake up at ungodly hours.
    • Posted

frankly, that's not one of my issues - however, in the rare occasions when i have experienced it, i use spotify with earbuds with soothing nature sounds - my favorite is rain (rainstorms, gentle rains, etc.) i really think you should try working out - during the day, NOT before you go to bed - i'm a morning person, so i get up at 6a - walk dogs, feed them, eat a small amount of oatmeal, then work out and cool or warm shower - not hot. it gives me energy to deal with the day and the ROUTINE helps my body - if you want to do something before going to bed, try meditation or just some yoga stretches - nothing that will rev your body up. try to keep a schedule as consistent as possible. and, try not to use electronics like a computer, phone (except for soft music) at least an hour before heading to bed. i know that reading in bed puts me to sleep like clockwork, so, if you're the same, try that- just don't make it a subject that will increase your anxiety (politics, gossip, etc) - try something inspirational or spiritual, if you're so inclined - i like to read writings from the dalai lama.

• Posted

Just went for an hour walk with my boyfriend. Chest was still bothering me from my acid reflux, but I feel so content. I just really wanna get this sleep thing under control.

• Posted

that's terrific! - that's a start - why don't you contact your doctor and get something specifically for the acid reflux? also, review your diet and avoid foods that would tend to make that worse - your body is adjusting and you have to adjust with it. keep walking! :-)

• Posted

I just wanna know that it will get better. Some days when I wake up and feel like that I worry and get irritated, but som people say 8 weeks is still early. It is doing it's job to the point where I am mobile and not panicing and overall happy and content, but my body just feels horrible sometimes.

• Posted

Hi kayleigh,

I'm the same! 9.5 weeks into 20mg and still feel yukky some days, very little anxiety or nausea now thank goodness but think the lack of sleep makes everything just feel worse sometimes

• Posted

So, by yucky you mean stomach problems/lack of motivation because you feel yucky? Haha. Everyone LOVES sleep. Sleeping 4 hours a night is a pain when sleep is so important. I have no anxiety either. Just acid reflux (which I am prone to) and no sleep. sad

• Posted

It's difficult to explain, not really nausea or reflux but just a strange feeling and shaky legs. Goes off fairly quickly and then feel OK, albeit tired later in the day

• Posted

But just to be clear, we are both dealing with insomnia, right? Reassurance helps. I know some people who had it off and on for months before it stopped, but ugh. I don't mind being up during the week, because I am in school, but weekends are aggrevating when I can't stay asleep. It will be 8 weeks Wednesday. I can't complain, because overall, I feel great and go do stuff throughout the day and I can fall asleep... but I dread waking up and knowing I can't fall back to sleep.

• Posted

Me too, I've laid awake for many an hour. Last few nights at least I've been able to get to sleep so that's something. I can't possible go back to work doing the job I do on 3/4hrs sleep per night.

• Posted

I see my doctor Thursday (I personally think 20mg is too much. I am taking it to control rare panic attacks. By rare, I mean they rarely occur, but when they do, it takes a week to get past them) while I am in school. That and to get something for the acid reflux and get sleep tips. Just gotta keep telling myself it won't last forever.

• Posted

Will do! I know it definitely doesn't need to be increased! That I am sure. Hope you have a relaxing/restful evening!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.